Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My 50' 4-Door Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Notsofurias, Oct 26, 2015.

1. I agree about the rebel kit. I found it to be very straightforward and inclusive. Everything is clearly marked and you just basically locate, cut, solder and heat shrink.

2. jamrodder

jamrodder
    from ALABAMA
    1. shoe box hambers

GREAT looking box brother!! Really dig the style you put into it. Cant wait till I finish mine!

3. JeffCTN

JeffCTN

Great build thread! It has come a long way AND probably on a budget too.

I can vouch for the Rebel Wire too. Several years back I put a complete harness in my squarebody C10 and it works great. They also have awesome customer service. I had to call a couple of times to get them to walk me through a thing or two.

4. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Hey everyone been a little while since I have posted any updates. Got the back seat done and put in. Next thing has to be the wiring !!! Should have the money to do it in the next few weeks. I have been putting it off but it's gotta happen. I have just been enjoying cruising it around but the fun could all come to an end if the old wiring decides to torch off ... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1455392083.748890.jpg

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The seat looks great !

6. Looks great! What seatbelts did you use?

7. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Thanks guys ! I got the seatbelts from speedway a while back when they were on sale. They had a bunch of different colors to choose from.

8. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Looks great! I need to get my lazy ass back to work on mine, it's been sitting too long.

9. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Alright I hope I don't catch any crap.... I am waiting on the wiring kit still and got bored. I decided to try my luck with some scallops.... I am pretty happy with the way it came out for my first time. I guess it's just paint so it can always be repainted. I still need to have them pinstriped and put my headlight rings back on. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1458437431.696581.jpg

10. Habitual

Habitual

11. I like those a lot!

12. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Thanks guys ! Shot of the other side..... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1458488046.771921.jpg

low budget, Icufltrn and Habitual like this.
  13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks pretty good to me. Breaks it up a bit.

14. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Ok so the wiring kit is finally ordered ! I went with the Rebel 16 circuit kit. Hopefully it works out ok, had some money tied up with PayPal so I used that. I'm also trying to track down someone local to pinstripe my scallops, thinking about going red not sure yet. I will post up pics when the wiring kit arrives.

15. sharpmark

sharpmark

Great thread .Just in the process of buying one of these .
    How did you get on with the wiring loom ?
    thanks
    mark

16. RipBowl

RipBowl
    from Sydney

Im digging this thread, great work on the Shoebox, i was thinking of getting the steering linkage upgrade from Shoebox Central as well, is it a noticeable upgrade?

17. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the scallops.
    So you will have to remove the windshield garnish, handbrake and drop the dash down to get to the gauges etc? Or get a 9 year old to get up and under the dash.
    It will give you good insurance when done though as the original one fuse doesn't really enthuse confidence .

18. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Hey everyone it's been a while since I've updated this post. I ended up going with the Rebel 16 circuit kit but haven't started wiring it yet. I did remove most of the original wiring up front for the lights etc.. Ordered some new headlight buckets and bulbs, also a few other odds and ends for the wiring process. As far as getting under the dash it's gonna be fun, probably take the front seat out for extra room. The steering upgrade kit did make a noticeable difference especially driving at higher speeds. Not as much wander on the freeway. I did want to get the front a little lower so I cut half a coil out of the Aerostar springs and it sits much nicer. Also have a new front and rear bumper on order. It's been super hot outside and I've been lazy but this is how she sits for now ...[​IMG][​IMG]

RipBowl and sharpmark like this.
  19. Lookin' good!

RipBowl likes this.
  20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Wow, Just now saw this, hadnt seen the scallops yet, they look pretty good. Congrats!
    I would probably try to figure out a place for some towards the back also to balance it out a little more and they will even look better once pinstriped......Looks good!

21. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Hey guys thanks for the positive feedback, I have had my ups and downs with this car and it's definitely been a learning experience.. I was ready to give up and sell her a short time ago as you might have seen. I have a really good friend who I consider a mentor to me that set me straight about the whole thing. I met him when I was just a tire buster at a place we both worked and he took me under his wing... I will have to say it's nice that everyone on this forum for the most part is very positive. Honestly the recent posts today made me smile and I think just hearing that I'm headed down the right path with this build helps to keep me motivated... We all share a common love and hate at times for these old cars but it keeps us going... Thanks guys !

22. Glad you got back on the right track. To be honest, I'd seen the ad and was really hoping you hadn't sold it. It really is looking great.

23. 63shane

63shane

Wow Steve. . Cars looking great. Can't wait to see it with the new chrome bumpers.

Sent from my SM-G900P using H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

25. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

So I decided to go with a 4-link setup in the rear with bags. I picked up the kit and will be getting my c notch kit from gambino kustoms. I also found a rear end out of a ranger that I will be swapping in. It's been slow going but here is a few pics of the progress and my last shot before I decided to rip it apart... Lol[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. nice progress just remember even slow progress is progress keep going its going to be cool

27. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your shoebox looks fantastic, makes me regret selling mine a few years back. :( :) single spinner 011.jpg

28. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

A little more progress, the rear end is tacked in to check for clearance issues.. It's finally cooling off now so working in the garage is enjoyable again. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA

Icufltrn likes this.
  30. Notsofurias

Notsofurias
    from Clovis,CA