Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race Of Gentleman...and...Wayne Carini?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Elrod

Elrod

The way reality TV works is they shoot a ton of footage and then take it back to LA to edit. Weeks later, if the producers cant connect one shot to another, they send a list of Voice Over requests for the star of the show to say. This voice over helps to explain what you are looking at on your screen and moves the story along to the next plot point.

Wayne was not sitting watching the show and commenting on what was on the screen at that very moment, and none of that narriative was recorded at the event. So most likely the producer of the show getting his facts wrong, and Wayne reading a piece of paper and not seeing what footage actually accompanies what he is saying. And they don't send the show to Wayne to approve it before it airs. It is what it is when it gets sold to Velocity.

Dont ask how I know this crap.

2. mgermca

mgermca

Jason, from the Fast and Loud experience? Sorry.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Chasing Classic Cars is one show they haven't screwed up too bad. No real drama or stupid stuff and Wayne comes across as a really nice guy. I realize they have to script the shows for the unwashed masses who don't know squat about cars, so there is always going to be some "entertainment value" tossed in, but overall, I really like this show.

Don

4. good move bringing it to the west coast!

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Rerun of episode on NOW in West

6. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

That almost looks like Willy G, great episode, glad I caught it.

7. Willy G was there I believe.

8. HELLMET

HELLMET

going to have my car ready for Pismo

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Pismo Beach DSCN4952.JPG

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just another instance to piss me off even more about Comcast Cable. I pay a bit over $100 per mo. for cable and I don't get Velocity Channel. Would have to purchase a package almost twice the price to get it.
    And on the package I have, I get all sorts of BS programming that I care nothing about. When are the cable people, who are losing customers every day from what I read, gonna wake up and offer "ala carte" channel choices to their remaining customers?
    I live on the Northeast side of a big hill that is covered with 100' plus trees on property I don't own and in the past have been told satellite TV can't get thru the greenery to me. The satellites are generally to the SW from here in my town.
    However my neighbor immediately to the South has recently cut some trees, so I think next Spring when the leaves are back on the hardwoods again, I'm gonna call the sat. folks up again and ask them to come take a look.
    This is sorta "the straw that broke the camel's back".

11. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Thanks Larry for starting this thread, I am glad everybody liked the show, we are always a little worried when a TV show want to come and cover the race that they are not going to capture The fun and the feel of it, but I think Wayne and the crew got it right.

Nailhead Jason and hrm2k like this.
  12. Burny

Burny

Sweet!! It's coming to the West coast this year... I'm booking a hotel room now...

13. BobMcD

BobMcD

I didn't know what TROG was until I saw the show last night. I glad I caught it when it was on.

14. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Finally got my dvr sorted out and caught the repeat, great episode!

15. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

"That was the most fun I've had in 10 seconds"

Finally got to watch the DVR. Now I really want to go.