Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage State of the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn straight . . . Go 'Bama!

2. Don't sweat it. It'll get done when it gets done. Maybe if you had built a crap site you wouldn't be having these problems. ;)

Model T1 likes this.
  3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Blue One and I have had a real conflict here on HAMB a time or two, but I agree with him 100% on this one. Being an Alliance Member costs less than a dollar a week, and that's without subtracting the discounts you can get from Alliance Vendors.

Blue One likes this.
  4. Nah,,go Clemson!

You guys got that right,helping the boss helps us.

I've been a member from the start and my Alliance Membership discounts have more than covered my membership every single year. HRP

5. bchctybob

bchctybob

Jeez Ryan, our computer is so damned slow I hadn't noticed the HAMB running slow! You've done a great job with a great website - Thanks.
    Ditto what Blue One and DOM said, Alliance membership = money well spent.......
    So did you spring for an 8-71 or go straight to a P.S.I screw blower to kick it up?

6. i had more to the speech in my head but i was pressed for time at lunch. it included "hot rods and customs, working across the road", "more communication between overhead and flathead guys" , and "tolerance and peace amongst chevy, ford studebaker, the mopars, and the international harvester community"

chriseakin, loudbang and 49ratfink like this.
  7. chargin03

chargin03

Thanks for update

8. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Good problem to have being popular and all.:D I better get building instead of on here, as inspirational as it is. Too cold to do anything outside and the shop is warm:cool:

9. Brentphx

Brentphx

On top of ALL the site stuff, stamping and mailing tags, writing and researching... building toys... Am I reading that you maintain the server farm yourself?!? I've spent more time than I care to add up standing in cold data centers, we all owe you big for keeping us all connected and entertained!

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Bad news. Vendor failed on delivery. So, looks like the hardware move will happen on Tuesday night now. Another 24 hours of slowness.

#fml

11. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Okay, okay. I'll turn off the eight track player and park the moon rocket in the carport.

Sheesh. A guy can't even have any fun anymore.

12. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been pondering this situation pretty hard the last coupla days, and being the computer maven I am, with an extremely high intelligence quotient, I came to the conclusion the extra heavy traffic we are seeing on the HAMB is due entirely to everyone downloading TFEVERFREDs avatar.

loudbang likes this.
  13. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Just bore and stroke it. Maybe a cam and 3x2 would help.

volvobrynk and Woogeroo like this.
  14. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

You just need a better server!
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk, Woogeroo and 49ratfink like this.
  15. Slopok

Slopok

It's all the people buyin' Powerball tickets that's causin the problem, Wednesday will be worse!o_O

loudbang likes this.
  16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I think we'er being hacked by the Ratroddy Jihadi. It can't be the Streetroddy Jihadi or you could smell the blend of aluminum polish and Preparation-H. :eek:

volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Don't forget @slammed too.

18. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know what you are talking about. Slow? I was just reading a post about the 2017 TROG West.and another 2017 post on the definition of 'traditional'

117harv likes this.
  19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel the same way, Blue One. Just think. Who can be satisfied just being a FNG when he/she can be an Alliance member ?

20. Ryan, it may be time for a HAMB TV show!;):cool:

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hamb'r time...can't touch this

hammer_time.png

kidcampbell71 and ct1932ford like this.
  22. pumpman

pumpman

Hey Larry, glad to see you made it out of the John. I guess you were in there with your iPad and thats why it took so long to get out because the HAMB is slow.

Hey Boss, no problems on the speed, it just makes the day go by faster!

3wLarry likes this.
  23. jhtdon

jhtdon
    from Florida

Pleased to tag along!

24. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Back when most of the people in this thread happened into the site, who would have predicted that Rod and Custom would die out while the HAMB struggled to find enough electrons to house all the subscribers?

25. I still cant believe R&C is gone, I think they decided it was more profitable to produce Donk mags and yet another 4x4 mag......I'll just keep on reading all my old ones over and over till it comes back again...I hope...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Chrome it!

flatford39 likes this.
  27. Just agreeing with you guys. I've always gotten my fifty bucks worth and I always tip my server when the service was good.
    The service is great here.

28. Hell I am such a simple guy.I have problems logging on.LOL.Keep up the good work Ryan. Bruce. 001 (8).JPG

29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Always knew size mattered with the server......:D
    Badaboom......;)

30. Large servers are good when it comes to computers,at Hooters I don't think so! o_O HRP

[​IMG]