Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Trog 2016 official thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bobby Green, Jan 7, 2016.

1. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Right?

When I get home, it is on for the build-up for '17. A rum-fueled, Rayday- and Winfield Equipped, Model-A thrash is in order.

2. ELD

ELD

Kustomrama Customs by the Sea returns!
    The 3rd annual June 4-5, 2016 in Wildwood, New Jersey.
    The 1st Customs by the Sea West will be held October 14-15, 2016 in Pismo, California. Pre-Registration/Info
    The Customs by the Sea show, featuring original and modern renditions of pre-1952 customized automobiles, will move inside the TROG gate.
    flyer2016.jpg

ROCKER77 likes this.
  3. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Anyone else tried getting a hotel room in wildwood yet. Friend told me everything is booked up already but it could be a exaggeration. I have not tried yet personally

4. I think I am going to build a single seater and stick the super winfield in it.

5. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Sweet. We need to combine forces to get this done, and keep our ADD in check (mostly mine, I admit).

When I get home, I'm taking at least a month off. In that month I have to get my Tub finished, naturally, and start on the Wife's '41 Knucklehead. Then we'll both have something to race, while showing the '39 in Customs by the Sea (in a perfect world).

Speedy Canuck and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Bobby& Mel,
    Been wishing for this as you already knew!!!!!
    I've booked my cottage already in Pismo & am counting the days down.
    I'm here for ya, so let me know if I could help.
    Looks like a great event to participate in, I'm hoping to drag the Cyclone 27 T-Ster p/u for some sand duty.

I'd like to try and make the June gig, but not with a car.....

It seems like everyone is headed this way around June as it is a busy lil hot rod month.... TROG though beats them all!!!!!!!
    Thanx for the Bitchin New Venue!!!!
    CK.

7. We're gonna need a big trailer! I guess I should get my cdl.

8. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

Can we run a quick change rear end?

9. Jay T. Judd

Jay T. Judd

Read my earlier post looks like trouble ?

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Count me in for Wildwood. Few changes to the 33 and it'll be ready if you'll have it!

zman, ELD and CrazyUncleHarry like this.
  11. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Is there an entry fee for the car? Or is it $50 per adult period? I couldn't find anything about an entry fee for the car on www.theraceofgentlemen.com

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, first I have to get it to a state of finish to send in a request to be able to race with photos. No problem with exhibition and grudge racing as it probably won't be that quick first time out anyhow.
    Car is being built as a late 20's early 30's 2 seat race car running the Ford 254 six and matching granny 4 speed.
    I did manage to reserve a room for the weekend so we are going one way or the other unless something comes up to prevent it.

13. chiro

chiro

Hotel booked. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Too much fun

14. Anyone know the cheapest way down there? Any cheap campsites?

15. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

We paid 75 a nite last year, I think. Le Voyageur Motel 1.5 blocks from everything. They were great

BenLeBlanc likes this.
  16. badshifter

badshifter

It's always been legal to drive on the beach at Pismo. I broke my nose on the dash of my Baja bug when I was 16 flying off the back side of a sand dune. That was 5 minutes after getting a ticket for doing donuts on the beach. Ahh to be 16 again! Guess I get the chance in October.

Attached Files:

ELD and bct like this.
  17. ELD

ELD

18. ELD

ELD

19. ELD

ELD

There is a racer entry fee. When you submit your entry for approval Via the email addy ask them what it is. An earlier post above has specifications and what not if you missed it on the website.

20. Thanks - I'll try them directly.

Steve

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  21. ELD

ELD

3rd Annual hobnob with the club in Burbank
    after party.jpg

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

DSCN4952.JPG Pismo Beach DSCN4951.JPG

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  23. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Trog is best thing that is happen to the car hobby. Anybody that is in to true tradition hotrod should support this race 100 % There nothing that elevated these cars like this show. Unfortunately I have not made to this show still working on my car. Hope this will be year. Keep your standards high and keep up the good work. Peace

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  24. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Thank you Hotrod_willie, and thank you to everyone else that supports Trog and is looking forward to a bad ass year of vintage racing!

As for those that want to just make negative and rude comments we'd like to say this:

If you think you fall into any of the following categories: naysayer, crybaby, pessimist, whiny pants, keyboard Cowboy or someone who fears change, we kindly ask that during the weekends of June 4 and October 15, you stay home in front of your computers.
    Because us racers, builders, hot rodders and eternal optimist Will be on a beach somewhere in this great country having one hell of a good time, and we don't want you to ruin it.

And YES it will be sponsored, and it will be sponsored by great old American companies! Companies that helped build America and that continue to produce, manufacture and grow this great country. That is what we are about, and that's what our sponsors are about. If I wrote you a list of companies that we have turned down as sponsors, the list would be too long for this thread.

And Yes! the race will change every year, the tides change, the weather changes and so do we. So don't get too comfortable, it leads to complacency. Life starts to get real exciting when you journey past your comfort level.

So let's build it, race it, break it, fix it.......repeat. But most importantly.... let's be adventurous!

25. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Trog has done more for promoting traditional hotrod then any car show or event. The pic and the YouTube has been incredible. Sorry I have not been to the show it is my bucket list. When get my roadster built I will be there. If you are into traditional hotrod you should to give total support for this show. If not go buy 2016 mustang. Then go to Goodgay show they let anybody in. Peace

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  26. We travelled from New Zealand to Trog in 2014...got hooked and went back in 2015 only to miss out due to Joaquin. The changes to the event haven't phased us, it's such a badass weekend, you just have to experience it!! We will be back over in 2017....just have to decide which coast now!!

27. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

PISMO?!! Hell yeah Im in!! (its only 572 miles from me)
    Being a TROG rookie.. My car may look the part, but under the hood not so much. So will we be able to park in an area for show cars or something? If so, are there additional costs?

Thanks!

28. I don't think I'll make it by deadline, but I'll try to make a road trip out of it (wildwood)! My project could be on the road by then; with the help of a lot of work!
    Pismo sounds great; wish I could take part in that, but over in MA, I'll stick to Wildwood.
    BTW, it is nice to have it in June. I am in college and get the time off from schooling. If it were in October, I would need to skip class. Will be very cool this year with such a massive change.

29. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I will be there if you will have me I want a rematch against Justin "Hollywood" Altman :)

30. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I was one of the guys building a car for this year's race, although I was initially disappointed to hear of the date change as I won't be able to get my car done the way I want it in time for June I see it instead as I now have a few more months to get my car finished and maybe make it even better for next year's race. For the naysayers who think this has "ruined" a good thing you need to realize that the new June date isn't a mistake but October just wasn't going to work if this race is going to continue. Even though it might be a little tough this year because of the change ultimately it just means better weather and I for one would be EXTREMELY disappointed if I spent all year to build a car and took time off of work just to have it all cancelled over a storm. I applaud the Oilers for this change as it's definitely a move in the right direction and congrats to the new race in Pismo.

Nailhead Jason likes this.