Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1946 Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by briarpatch27, Jan 8, 2016.

1. briarpatch27

briarpatch27

It finally warmed up enough to shoot a few photos of the '46. This is a completely stock old Ford Super Deluxe that was probably "restored" many years ago. Restoration was a paint job, hosing off the top of the engine (flathead six), and covering the seats with some of that 70's stuff. But when I bought the car, it came with a roll of high quality mohair so that is on my to=do list.. Took me a while to get it running but it now purrs like a kitten. The original radio even works. So far , the only problem is the gear shift is really stiff and doesn't appear to have any spring for the space between first and second. It is really a kick in the butt to drive, especially after the '28 where my wife and I rode "cheek to cheek" and knees under the chin. This thing is HUGE inside. Must be 30" of leg room in the back seat. Now I just have a lot of clean up and tinkering to do. Hoping to find one of the old split manifolds or something so I can install twice pipes.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940, Model T1 and Fedman like this.
  2. Now that's a sweet ride. Looks nearly "new". Love those old sedans and the king size back seat.
    Enjoy it.............................

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

congrats on moving forward with your project. glad to hear that you are going to at least do some Hot Rodding stuff to it

4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Try looking on the Ford Barn for your split manifold. Your car looks great, make it your own.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. 41fordor

41fordor

Nice, last time I checked you couldn't get mohair anymore, even from LeBaron. Just broadcloth, which works but isn't original for mine,

6. Cool C-Dan! Be careful with that 1st to 2nd speed shift, lots of busted knuckles resulted from right hand slipping off the knob and hitting the mirror or windshield. I think that 6 cyl. is only 10 HP less than the V-8 that year.

7. Enjoy your 46-

8. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

Great looking car. Have fun with it.

9. briarpatch27

briarpatch27

I haven't even opened the big roll of material yet but the widow (car owner) said that they paid $1800 for the material some ten years ago and I am hoping she is correct about the mohair.

10. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That is a very nice car!.....gotta love that roomy interior....nice cruiser indeed!:cool: