Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lone star roundup to viva las Vegas 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheel shop, Apr 20, 2015.

1. wheel shop

wheel shop

I know it's a bit early...but the two events are a week apart next year.. As the time gets closer, organising a caravan to Vegas would be great. Who's in?

2. 32 4door

32 4door

I'm keen on going to both

wheel shop likes this.
  3. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

sounds like a hell of a road trip!

4. wheel shop

wheel shop

4 1/2 months to go......

5. Jcurtisward

Jcurtisward
    from Tucson, AZ

Bump for a good topic.

I'm in Tucson, AZ and all registered for Viva. I will not be going to Lone star, but I would like to meet up with some people to drive up to Vegas. Maybe meet in Phoenix on Thursday?

6. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

If I can get my brakes done, and car running reliably, I'll be driving from Long Beach. (Hopefully) It will be one hell of a journey in a banger...

Jcurtisward likes this.
  7. sinisterracing

sinisterracing

We fly in do March meet pick up new car 1949 ford drive to paso Robles then vegas Denver back to LA Austin round up then to Vegas viva Bakersfield drop car off back home for a little while then back again

8. wheel shop

wheel shop

We're leaving Regina Saskatchewan April 2 for Austin ,I believe we're leaving Austin on Monday April 11 to make the trip to Vegas....

9. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

It would be for me I live in wash state been thinking about driving to the lone star roundup

10. I live 100 miles east of Austin.I tell everybody, don't die or don't get married,cause I won't be there;I will be at the Roundup.Missed the first 3-4 years,then haven't missed since then.Such a good event,even the Cali boys come out for some great times. Ask anyone who's been,it's a hot rod venue,music venue, people venue,food venue.Where else can you have that much fun for $20. El Jefe of the Continental Club puts on a great show! image.jpg

11. wheel shop

wheel shop

1936driveway.jpg this is what I'm driving down....I'm ready to go now!

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

wherever you plan on going make reservations now. if you world changes before then can always make changes to reservations.

13. I like that alot.

14. wheel shop

wheel shop

15. Damn, thats one heck of a ride!

My wife and I have hotel reservations already but that is it so far. She is trying to book more pinup clients for hair/makeup/photoshoots etc to try to make the trip more affordable for us. That weekend gets pricey!

If you guys do end up cruising through Phoenix I will try to tag along from there, although I am unsure if the 56 will be ready for that ride yet so it might be the daily we follow in.

16. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I am considering this ,But when I go to the Viva site they want to sell me a multi day ticket for like $140. Is this correct or am I on the wrong page.

17. wheel shop

wheel shop

18. wheel shop

wheel shop

Anyone else along this route going?....two months away.....

19. wheel shop

wheel shop

just over 4 weeks......

Poh likes this.
  20. modified1927

modified1927

I'm heading down from the Modesto area to Viva 19, if any others going out of this area or meet in Bakersfield if your coming up from Socal, and head East??

21. trad27

trad27

IMG_20160124_134214268_HDR.jpg me and a buddy will be cruising these from bako to viva ,mines the one with white walls. Modified 1927, sounds like would be fun getting a group of cars caravaning. What day you leaving?

Jet96 likes this.
  22. modified1927

modified1927

Right now probably Thursday early 4 or so would put me in Bakersfield 9:ish depending on whats going on with 99. looking at yours I have a steel 27 front half in the barn and a 29 grill and radiator that needs to be put to use ;)
    when were you guys planning on leaving? It's about 500 miles from here to there

23. trad27

trad27

Mod27, I sent you a PM. Didn't want to hijack the thread. Anyone else want to caravan from bako PM me or we could even start a new thread.

24. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I plan on driving to both LSRU and VIVA from the PNW. Getting my rig ready for the long trip currently.
    On the way to VIVA from LSRU I planned on spending a night or two in AZ. Anyone else going to LSRU from the PNW area?

25. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Wheel Shop That is awesome What a killer cruiser.

26. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Just saw this ,will be at both events,coming from Oz,but have booked airfares from Austin to Vegas.I,ll say hi to you guys at the roundup,and hopefully again at Viva. but i wish i was driving with you. Johnny

27. modified1927

modified1927

That's fine whatever we need to do to get a group together

28. Jeremy Shay

Jeremy Shay
    from Las Vegas

Cant make lsru, but have some parts there. PM me if you have room for two doors, that need to get to vegas. Thanks.

29. Jcurtisward

Jcurtisward
    from Tucson, AZ

I figured I'd check in again since it's only 3 days away. Anyone in AZ heading up on Thursday? It'd be cool to get a group together. I will be leaving Tucson early am Thursday.