Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical pics of 55 ford with 351c and c6

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by bignutz1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. bignutz1

bignutz1

here are some pics, i hope this show what i am trying to do. i put the exhaust manifold on passenger side and took photo and looks like a little room to drop motor down. i think my problem is in my mounts, if i modified these mustang ones or got different ones to drop motor, i have a chrome pan on it so there is room for oil pan to go down further. any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated by this novice. thanks

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

look at Ford mounts at Speedway Motors

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Anchor 2329 fronts both sides and Anchor 2253 trans mount under $10 each at Autozone. The Mustang mounts would be OK with a C4 or AOD and a 5.0/302 which need the added height for manifold clearance by the steering box.

4. bignutz1

bignutz1

5. Ole don

Ole don

It looks like someone removed the entire X in the frame. If you still have it, I would weld flanges on the ends and bolt it back in. The frame with no X could make the car a flexy flier.

6. bignutz1

bignutz1

thank you for the heads up on that, i did not know that there was x in the frame, where is the exact location on that. thanks

7. Mark T

Mark T

Frame X member, its more like a K member.

[​IMG]

czuch likes this.
  8. bignutz1

bignutz1

9. bignutz1

bignutz1

mark, do you think with that big chunk of flat plate i have for cross member for tranny would be enough instead of welding any gussets to it like the lighter cross member on original frame there.

10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

The C6 is just big, a lot of guys had to rework the floor to clear. No problem with a C4 or AOD you can see in this picture the AOD sitting on the stock '54 cross member. AOD & cross member.jpg