Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom 60 Edsel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspert, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

first off, when that car was built, it probably increased the value, since you couldn't give an edsel away back then. and, speaking of barris, a local (st. louis) fellow had some "barris" emblems made up and supposedly was sued by barris.

2. Phtttttt :p they all are just ask Jeffries about the monkey mobile. :D

3. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I hope your gonna fix it up and give it the respect it deserves!.

4. Criscobath

Criscobath

Thanks for all the responses. Thanks for the suggestions, Lebowski. I'll make it known that the car is for sale.

My intention is to get it in the hands of someone that will either restore or preserve the car.

I'd rather sell it for less to someone who will respect it than more to someone who will part it out or change it up.

5. Criscobath

Criscobath

Your sedan is awesome, btw.

6. torklugnutz

torklugnutz
    from Las Vegas

I've got a 60 Ranger Sedan too, sitting around 0% complete. Did you sell this? That chrome engine bay is eye popping.

8. I just looked at this car here in Detroit.

9. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'd like to know what happened to this car. Did somebody buy it and drive it from Texas to Michigan? What does it look like now? Got any pics?

To determine if it's a real Barris car or not the man who should know is Phil Skinner in Orange County, CA. He's the historian for at least one of the two big Edsel clubs (Edsel Owners Club and International Edsel Club) and he should be able to confirm or deny whether Barris customized it or not. I'm going to send him a link to this thread and ask him what he knows about the car. He may have even seen it since he doesn't live too far from Barris' shop in Los Angeles. When I hear back from him I'll post the info here....

10. Lebowski.....The Edsel in question is NOT a Barris car....I personally knew Doug Mattix and sold him many of the parts when he was building it...

HEMI32 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Thanks for the info. If it was a Barris car I would think it could definitely be worth the $20k it was selling for but since it isn't I don't think it's worth half that. Any idea what it sold for?

12. I have no idea of selling price..