Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects front speader bar for Model A chassis

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by corndog, Jan 5, 2016.

1. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Making some changes on my hot rod truck that has a model a chassis. Anyone know if a 32 spreader bar will fit in a model A chassis? I hate to buy one to find out, especially if its shorter than an A chassis. Can deal with it if its longer but thought I would check to see if someone knows? Thanks, C-dog

Attached Files:

2. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Dang! just solved my own problem by looking at the picture I posted. If I put a spreader bar in the chassis it will go right across the bottom of the grill shell and look stupid in my opinion! Guess its a case of being too close to the problem to see the solution. Dont need no stinkin spreader bar!!! Sorry for the post guys!

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

According to wescott's frame drawings, the model A is longer, measuring 25 1/4.

4. OLSKOOL32

OLSKOOL32

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1452122089.046270.jpg
    Here's a 32 spreader bar on my '30 Model A.

5. Make your own. I made mine out of a piece of stainless tube I got from a dairy supply house. It was used tube and I paid a buck a foot for it. I think it was 2 1/2 or 3 inches in diameter. Then I covered it with the bumpers..... go figure. 001090.JPG P2220223.JPG

waxhead, chargin03 and Hotrodmyk like this.