Register now to get rid of these ads!

HA/GR, Nw/Vr and SDRA?

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Daniel Clark, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

What about getting a one race meet setup for all classes? It would be kinda cool........

2. Harry506

Harry506

I'm in! Let's do it! I'll bring my outlaw car and kick all their asses!!!!!

3. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Lol, we all use different rules and you're the lone wolf sooooooo it would be possible.

4. Hmmm, I know there is talk of a FED bracket at the Tucson Dragway Reunion May 6-7th and a friend is putting on some races next year based off of ANRA's open wheel class.Harry bring that hot rod west the more the merrier! My car is more of a Nw/Vr legal rail than a SDRA, but there are 2 SDRA type rails here aswell.Working on getting someone to build a Pontiac powered rail to join the fun also.

5. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

300racr do you have a rules sheet for the Nw/Vr I can't find them online?

6. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

The picture doesn't show up.

7. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

300racer: no image.

It would be bitchin for a cohesive gathering of current rules for the 3 racecar groups usually discussed here. Just for a comparison

i have no plans to build such a car.

8. Ok, lets try this:

[​IMG]

9. I also have to apologize my rail is now closer to the SDRA rules with th 127" wheelbase and 7" wide wheels in anticipation of running slicks in the future (sorry Walt ).With that said Wishing you all a Happy New year and a great racing season!

10. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Thanks 300racr!!!!! I like the simplicity of the rules.

11. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

thanks for the post on the rules. They are simple.

The $$ cost of required rear Hurst Slicks could keep some folks out, perhaps.

12. Crosley,
    As far as I know,Hurst is no longer in business so the other alternative is Towel city racing tires (recaps) for $160 apiece for the right width. Then you have the Radir and Firestones that are almost $400 a piece for the 8" wide slicks.

13. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Crosley

Where can you get the Hurst slicks from? I thought they company making them recently went under. Sdra is using the Towel City slicks but they are far from flat. Radir would be the best option that's out currently I think.

14. bobw

bobw

Daniel, Tell me more about the Towel City slicks.

15. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Bobw. I haven't raced on them as the car I drive is currently down. Every single one that sdra has used this last season has two issues. 1 the are not flat at all high in the center and high on the outside edges leaving two low grooves. 2 the all have a horizontal split where the retread was butted together instead of overlapped. Now with that being said 2 cars in our group who can run almost a flat 8 second 1/4 mile time were able to burn their slicks flat but the still have the horizontal split. For what it is worth all the slicks bought for sdra were not virgin carcasses.

16. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

We also run 8" slicks.

17. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Where can you get Firestone slicks at bobw?

18. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Brain phart. I was looking at Radir tires when checking on cost. What about the Coker tires?

Decades ago, when recaps were more common on regular street tires. I had couple blow apart. Young married guy, watching money, bought recap tires. I will never use them again.

19. Daniel,
    Check the other Nw/Vr.SDRA, Ha/Gr discussion thread. There are some pics of other options for tires like the M & H Nostalgia slick and their J60 street/strip tire.Which fit into the Northwest rules aswell as SDRA.

Daniel Clark likes this.
  20. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

perfect let me see if i can find it.

21. Daniel,
    If you don't mind me asking, does the SDRA have a purse for each race and if so what is the normal payout?Also would like to join. Who can I contact to join and purchase a shirt?

22. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Almost never on a purse, but we do have some on rare occasions. Usually just trophies tho.

Attached Files:

23. Daniel,
    Thanks, Nice looking trophy

24. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

You are welcome, something we decided to do this year is also start a continuous championship trophy. Something like the Stanley Cup or indy 500 trophy etc. Along with the champion's car will be on next year's shirt that we sell and wear.