Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 Anglia "Miss Twist"

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MissTwist, Dec 23, 2015.

1. MissTwist

MissTwist

My name is Dan. Just joined the H.A.M.B.!!! I'm building a recreation of "Miss Twist" a 48 Anglia my dad built in '59 with Ed Kowalski owner of Reading, PA's Ed Kowalski Speed Shop. I'm using as many era correct parts as used back in '59. Photo is from 1960 loaded and ready to head from Reading, PA to Detroit for the Nationals. If anyone out there has any photos of this Anglia from that era I would love to hear from you. So far this is the only photo known to exist. E.J. Kowalski, Ed's son, is still in Reading building some of the coolest period stuff out there. Thanks EJ for the info you've shared already! Anglia.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Welcome. ^^^Great old photo^^.

3. old drag dad

old drag dad
    from texas/pa

We spend our summers up in the Allentown area, and I make as many nostalgia events as I can. You might want to go to The George Klass site for old pictures of the old cars. He has thousands of pictures broken down by street roadsters, gassers, dragsters and such. I will make it a point this summer to try to meet Mr Kowalskis son.

4. Keep us posted on the progress.