Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Daily drivers...the good, bad and the ugly.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Brooklyn, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

NB very sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. My Wife's Mother passed away last year with cancer, at age 66, this took it's toll on my Wife, and the effect still is lingering on.
    Car looks good, look forward to your progress, and hope you are feeling up to working on her when you can..........

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad quick and young, with no notice.

Take things day-by-day. I would like to tell you that things get easier, but they really just get different. Losing a parent is not something that you every really get over. It has been almost 26-years for me. I still miss him every day.
    [​IMG]

Rui and Stogy like this.
  3. EBW

EBW

Sorry to hear about your loss. Words cannot express what you are going through. I hope 2016 brings you better times and maybe getting the Buick back on the road will help.

4. A tough loss for sure, be it a spouse or parent, even a close friend. Think of the good times and hold onto the good memories.

5. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Sucks about your mom.

Any chance a car tent and parka would get it running for spring? It doesn't look that far off?

6. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. A loss like that can be devastating if they are sick or not. Take your time dealing with it, and don't let others tell you how you should feel. We'll be here to help you take your mind off of it and help you get your Buick back on the road.

7. autobilly

autobilly

Driven six days a week for nine years. You only live once, so live it how you like it.[​IMG]

Cooon likes this.
  8. autobilly

autobilly

Driven dailey for twelve years to and from school, shops, holidays etc. Minus the mod cons. but we're living it.
    [​IMG]

9. Sorry about your mom. Hang in there it does get better.

Nailhead Brooklyn likes this.
  10. nightmoves

nightmoves

Sorry to read about the loss of your mom, Brooklyn.And remember, Spring will be here before you know it. Just save your coins and do what small projects that you can on your ride.

11. Sorry to hear about your mom.. Keep your head up , it will get better.

12. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Thanks you guys, I appreciate it. I'll have enough room in the shop to do my door panels and work on my headliner so I'll be able to stay busy until April...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. I lost track of your thread, Brooklyn, and just now got back to it. So, so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I lost my Mom some 35 years ago now and it tore my heart out. Still miss her very much. Hang in there, stay busy (it helps) and always remember that the pain will diminish some over time but, the love of your Mother is eternal. Keep focused on the Buick and give your dog a few extra head-pats today...........................Don.

Nailhead Brooklyn and volvobrynk like this.
  14. So sorry to here about your mom. I lost my mom recently too. The love of family and friends helps. Im new to this and haven,t read this thread . But a daily driver to me is any of my hot rods it always more fun in an old car . That said you should have a cheap O late model for bad weather ,wife ,ect. In the 80s I drove my a hi boy as a daily driver but I was a lot younger then Even had studed snow tires when needed. what im saying is for me I put my in money in the keepers the late models are throw away . don't need a car payment. love your buick ,be a great driver and cool road trip car .

15. ..........................Might want to go back and read who posted this thread, Ron. Don't think she has a wife!:rolleyes::eek:

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

How do you know? times a changing, you know.

kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. ....................You're right they are a changin'. Just like this site, I try to keep things traditional.:D

Hamtown Al and volvobrynk like this.
  18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Staying mindful of ones own business is a tradition I hold in high regard.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  19. big opps need to read before I talk sorry

20. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Do ya see what you've done over here Brooklyn, you've got poor old Ron so nervous and flustered that he's forgetting to read before he talks and is not even sure if you're a guy or a girl...... We've got ourselfs a real situation over here.....

21. ha ha I love the hamb you guys and GALS make me laugh sorry Brooklyn old cars are FUN

22. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Lolol thanks for the laugh, yes I am a woman, no I don't play for the same team...I prefer bats and balls...

23. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A cool jerk. O.K..

24. I knew there was at least one good one left out there....to bad you're in the wrong damm state!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  25. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

there was a eBay store that had some of those lights, I'll see if I saved the page. I am sorry to hear of your mom passing.Both mine are gone,and they died on the same date,10 years apart. Not a day goes by I don't think of one or both of them.

26. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I have a home movie with my aunt parking her Buick Century 4 door hardtop, and getting out and strutting in her mink coat. Bright yellow(the car,not the mink)I'll try and get a screen save of it and send you. approximately the same year as yours, wont know till I find it.

27. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope working on the car help you. Slow and steady it looks better now than it did in the beginning.

28. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Bummed out about your mom, I lost my dad and had my divorce in the same year. But the divorce was a blessing! It's good to see that you are keeping up with the Buick, sometimes our projects are the best things that help mend our hearts....

29. Sorry for your loss. The car can wait. Great thread and great story.

30. Hope you're hanging in there Brooklyn. Still searching for a windshield for ya.