Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical serial numbers for modelT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Looking to figure out where and how many serial numbers should be in a 1923 t bucket... .tying to get Bob's Wee Tee properly tagged and titled..thanks

2. Sounds like a good question for fordbarn.com. This would be a good place to start but I bet you have replaced the pieces where the numbers were located.

Charlie Stephens

3. The only numbers on a 23 T were the engine numbers

4. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

The original model T titles I have seen specify engine number only.

5. Ok, so how many digits? ?And how are people titling them with different engines??

6. "Properly titled"?
    Without an original title, a ton of receipts, a convincing explanation and a very understanding inspector, it will usually be titled as a special construction vehicle, for which you'll still need the same pile of receipts. My advice is to contact a well known and reputable title service which is well versed in titling hot rods.

7. Sound like cali hoop hoping too me...very easy too get title here, if ya know where to find vin numbers..believe me, i don't screw around with illegal car stuff..including titles....

8. Not sure what cali hoop hoping is but, as you were told, the only numbers on a 1923 Ford were on the engine. You're not going to find them anywhere else. Ford didn't start stamping frames until later on, in mid 1926

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

As everyone said, the Model T used the engine serial number as the VIN

10. 1-14 million by year. There are charts out there.

11. No offense intended but I think that the OP is in Michigan.

@Topolino Kid what a lot of guys do is purchase convincing paperwork that is not doubt worthy of a framed display in your model T diorama at the car show and use those as an avenue to becoming legal.

In some states you can title using any number that does not come back as already being registered to someone else and get a bonded title and that may be something you could look into on the PDF with titling requirements by state on the SEMA site or your state DMV site. It will take you all of about half an hour to research using the info that you now have.

Some states are a bigger pain than others I do know that for sure.

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

13. ^^^^^^^^^^^^he has it, the chart I speak of ;)

Notice they made replacement engines til 41. The new engine would come with a blank pad and you transferred the number over ..........................how many of those got fubar'd or never done?

14. 333tinman

333tinman
    from MASS.

I have a t frame with numbers they are under the passenger seat . I have been told that the late 26 and 27 . I just went and checked pass. side just in front of the running board bracket .