Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Got something you absolutely love to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trollst, Dec 11, 2015.

1. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

The hunt. Searching far and wide for a specific-rare part whether it be online, junkyards, swapmeets, or random car guys garages piled with stuff, and the feeling of when you finally get your hands on it and bolt it in place and it is perfect. That, and after working on your project for months and months - taking it for its maiden voyage. That is an amazing feeling.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Drive, anywhere, any time, any weather, any car.

3. abner36

abner36

I would have to say that my favorite part of this hobby is the find the dragging it home and spending the whole day cleaning it up, out and getting them running again seeing something long forgotten about come back to life is an awesome feeling. I also like learning new parts to this trade , like making patches and learning any thing from the older generation on how to repair things instead of buy new parts

4. this should be an olympic event.

Jet96 and ConceptVehicleDesign like this.
  5. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I was going to say block sanding but it would be absolute B.S. and you would all know it. There is no more unpleasant task for me. But the real answer is engine assembly, would love to do it more.

loudbang likes this.
  7. My favorites are wiring and hardware details.

8. ned5049

ned5049

I like to change things around after a few years. Not so much body changes now that it's in paint but when it was primered, did different things with the tin. I did add the side moldings after it was painted!

9. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Building engines and driving the car.

10. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I've always liked fixing stuff, any stuff, every stuff. Take apart, find problem, hunt down parts for the best price, clean, recondition, reassemble, test, smile. Love anything with a motor from a car to yard equipment to household appliances.

11. Well I really like girls. LOL

I like problem solving. My old racing buddy calls it pioneering or trail blazing depending on if he's been smoking or not. LOL

How to make everything fit and not look like it was done by a spastic chimp on meth. its a pain sometimes but that is what I like, whether it be in the form of wires or metal or ????? that is what I like best. Sometimes I will build a part a dozen times in my head before I ever sketch or grab a tool to make it work and be have a form that doesn't look too cobbled.

loudbang likes this.
  12. loudbang

loudbang

You should team up with Dana Barlow he likes girls a lot too. :rolleyes:

13. Well then we would like trains instead of cars wouldn't we. :D

loudbang likes this.
  14. best if in series. positive, negative, positive, negative

loudbang likes this.
  15. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I like trains...

loudbang likes this.
  16. Two shabby

Two shabby

I like being done. I find most things I do in my garage to be a pain in the ass. But I love to see results. Its a good night when I can cross a job off the to do list. My favorite part is when something goes together easier than expected.

Leakie likes this.
  17. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Getting it "done", whatever "it" is, especially if it's something I did for the first time.

Last year I rewired a '52 Plymouth. Yes, I used a kit, but I'd never done anything like that before. I was a bit scared, but I took my time and got it done. When I fired it up for the first time, and EVERYTHING worked, I got out of the car and did a happy dance in the garage.

Same thing with my first engine rebuild when I was 18.

Chris