Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Baddest coupe would go to......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Dec 30, 2015.

1. exterminator

exterminator

My son in law just picked up a 1936 ford coupe that another family member had for many years and never finished.Now he wants to build it to be the baddest,meanest,mutha,sounding,ground pounder looking car around!I want to know your opinion on who has a car that fits that description and a picture of it! Thanks Exterminator

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  2. HUH?

You want pics of coupes we like? I like Rocky's model 40 today but I could change my mind tomorrow.

its not yet finished but every time I look at it I want to waltz my ass up to Omaha and take it from him. Problem with that is the Rocky is a tough old codger. :D

[​IMG]

brEad, camcrusher, BigO and 6 others like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the criteria for your son in law's proposed build is only limited by talent and dollars.

B Bay Barn likes this.
  4. Just how big is the bushel basket full of money your son in law have????It will be needed

5. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

Like the chevy parts on the hood.

6. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

See the "rebuilding after the crash" thread. You'd be hard pressed to be more badass than that.

verno30 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  7. My MONEY PIT, that is bottomless. This old girl loves to pound pavement and burn $ ! Good luck with your project. I could post pics all day of coupes way BADDER then mine.;) WIN_20150308_151735.JPG

8. To quote a fella that we sill simply call J.C., "Speed costs money how fast do you wanna go?"

I wasn't very old the first time I remember hearing that. ;)

9. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I vote for this bad ass 40 Dodge..... image.jpg

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

36 fords tend to end up more Customized with skirts, mild chops lowered. All beautiful. Did a search not many done gasser style. What style where you thinking?

19006741663_c368df86ea.jpg

_DSC8256_zpsb67c90ef.jpg

50-2.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  11. ???? 36 5w Custom or Hot Rod ????
    I hope this opens. I know this car pretty well. My personal opinion is It's Bad Ass to look at. The owner drives the wheels off it. What's missing is the other 50 percent. Horse Power and Sound.
    He can drive up along side you and park and you wouldn't hear a thing. That's Sad.
    The Wizzard

Stogy likes this.
  12. The photo in Stogy's post is the Car I tried to post up.
    The Wizzard

Stogy likes this.
  13. "baddest,meanest,mutha,sounding,ground pounder looking car around" and "36 Ford" don't really go together. Not saying it can't be done, but rally not a good combination. As others have said they lend themselves more to the Custom end of the spectrum.

Stogy and scotty t like this.
  14. rfraze

rfraze

I guess right now everyone is scratching their heads to see if they can ever remember seeing a car like you describe and searching the net to see if they can find one. If by "meanest sounding" he means a Thumpr cam, we have seen 36s like that.

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty bold and I would have to say nice

154023_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

this is a 35 but similar tough cars to chop right

DSC03523.JPG

Classic Hotrod/Custom

Piersson36Ford01-vi.jpg

Same car...wow before and now

CCC-bob-pierson-36-ford-resto-16.jpg
    A fine example of faithful restoration of a classic.

another beauty

Dad_2.jpg

Compliments to owners, photographers of these rides.​

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    camcrusher, mgtstumpy, BigO and 10 others like this.
  16. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Baddest and meanest to me says one nasty FE under the hood and a 4 speed under the floor. Solid lifters, Dual 4 bbls, and all. Also, NO Freaking way would I put one of those poser Thumper cams in. Do it right, the proper cam for the application will give a much better sound (and performance) then some poser cam.

Chop the car, lower it, and make it black as midnight.

Something like this would look right at home in a '36 with no hood, although it would be a tight fit....

[​IMG]

17. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not mine (just off Google Images) but reading your list of
    adjectives, I would say this would fill the bill!
    b491ac815aef413132dcb1f4ab2b9106.jpg

brEad, mgtstumpy, hemi v8 and 6 others like this.
  18. AlaskanMatt

AlaskanMatt

Exterminator,
    What does your son in laws car look like now? What is he starting with? Show us, please.

Stogy likes this.
  19. exterminator

exterminator

20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I vote caddy power, the moonshiners can't be wrong ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451506396.574432.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451506416.621055.jpg

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wizzard which of the 4 are you talking about. I take it it has been heavily muffled...My car is loud and I am trying to balance things out so I maintain my eardrums. I was at a cruise and this bone stock 40's ford went by and you couldn't hear it running (kinda cool actually). But yeah this is a Hotrod site. I am sure back in the day some of them customs where given the silent sleeper treatment as well but exterminator wants it Hotrod and it will be fitting to the chosen theme no doubt.

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

exterminator likes this.
  23. The Red 3 window with Flames and the Coleman trailer behind it. It get's photographed every where it goes. I like it anyway. I think your right about Mufflers being it runs a BB Chevy under the hood. It's a buddy's car and it's been on the road as is over 20 years.
    The Wizzard

Stogy likes this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice car it is. I was surprised with this post looking for gassed out 36's...not to many

25. belair

belair

I looked through my New Testament and didn't see that quote anywhere, Bean!

26. LOL well his 3rd initial was actually L. Made for some interesting conversation over the years as I recall. Sacrilegious no doubt but still interesting. I can recall a little crippled kid asking what that meant more then once.

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  27. That one has nice lines, good old go fast from one light to the next styling.

28. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Good luck being 'badder' than any of these!

29. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

This thing "Rocks"

Anybody know any thing about it?

exterminator likes this.