Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***Please vote for the 2015 Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" Pick***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAZIN CAIN, Dec 16, 2015.

?
  1. CT1932Ford

122 vote(s)
    34.9%
  2. Roddin-Shack

68 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Bull

109 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. Mikes29

51 vote(s)
    14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ct34ford

ct34ford

Facebook Really? As you can see I do not spend lots of time on line. I am mostly in the garage. But with some snow on the ground this morning I said lets see what is new. And now I must comment on this. I have read all the posts and my take is Bull did this for one reason (to win). I doubt anyone from Facebook knows or cares about Traditional Hot rods. They will join , vote and never use it again. Using Shelby's Way as an excuse is just a disgrace. Again this is just my opinion . But after reading all of this that is my take. Past contests were conducted with grace and class. I apologize to Mr. Cain and I am sorry he has to deal with this junk.

hipster, hd1084, ct1932ford and 3 others like this.
  2. Bull

Bull

You don't know me, my character or my intentions. And for the record, I've contributed to Shelby's Way in the past and will continue to do so.

Really, there are lots of traditional hot rod pages/groups/communities on Facebook. Which is where I made my posts. Its not like I posted something on a knitting page or some other such thing.

I will agree with you here. I am sorry that this turned into a shit show, Mark. You know me enough to know that was not my intention.

powrshftr and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  3. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

X2.

ct1932ford likes this.
  4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Facebook'? One of my sons put a pic of me in the '29 Rdstr P/U we built for the Baylands drags in '80.
    He opened me an account, and there were posts from people I had long ago 'dismissed'...even my ex wife had something to say.
    I immediately emailed Facebook, saying to Unsubscribe me from a public nuisance board that welcomed riff from an unlimited membership of idiocy...or else!
    Well, somehow the email to Facebook appeared right on the page, and I got some flaming for it. LOL
    A few good family members were appeased when I responded to them privately, but I finally got Facebook to cancel my "membership".
    My wife shares 'edited' selections from hers, but that's all I can take.
    'Selective Facebook'. "Oh, is that a Dune Buggy?" Typical retort.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas, this is for a good cause - not vanity...

Who gives a shit where it's posted? I think Facebook is pretty much the dark side of mankind and have no idea why anyone would forfeit their privacy on such a thing, but even so - I don't give a damn that this thing is posted over there. Hell, put it on the backside of an ISIS flag or in every pew of your church for all I care. Shout it from the mountain tops!

Chill out... and realize that this vote isn't actually about the people or the cars. It's about supporting a good cause.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  6. Please continue to vote guys we have 4 days

Bull and ct1932ford like this.
  7. pdc

pdc

This panel has haunted me from the start! I would like to tell y'all in detail everything that has happened to this panel. I do not want to bore y'all. I just finished it and I stood back. I am still not totally happy with it. I am my own worst critic. Anyway here it is, I hope the lucky winner will enjoy it as much as I had striping it. Good luck to all who have made it!

Attached Files:

8. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Well said! And for me it was a pretty easy pick.

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  9. Guess I don't care either way, but it does seem like a "chainer" thing to do. Highlighting the good cause, cool! Pandering for votes, eh?
    Good luck to all, especially Shelby's way.

10. pumpman

pumpman

Goddamn, this is like the old days!!!!!!! Just love the shit out of the H.A.M.B., all the other shit is shit. All the hot rods are very cool and represent us proudly, forget about the bullshit and respect the hot rods because they will go on after we are worm food. My vote will be made, but my respect will be for all of them. Thanks Boss for one kick ass place where brothers fight but are bound together...... HAMB!!!!!!!

volvobrynk, RAZIN CAIN and Bull like this.
  11. Thanks Pauk for the panel I am sure the winner will love it

pdc likes this.
  12. Thanks guys keep the votes coming,your vote counts

13. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Panel looks great...very talented!!

pdc and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  14. We have some great goodies for the HAMB pic,looking forward to this years pic

Bull likes this.
  15. pdc

pdc

Mark its my pleasure, and a honor to make a panel for this. Thanks Bill for the kind words. Good look to all the candidates!

ct1932ford likes this.
  16. hipster

hipster

ct1932ford likes this.
  17. I entered my coupe last year,and came in 4th. I will remember that the rest of my life with a huge smile on my face. It was a honor , just to be a small part of Marks great cause! Please guys lets not argue over this . Let the votes fall were they may, everybody involved is a winner.

18. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

A pretty piss poor turn out for the number of members on this forum.

low budget and Bull like this.
  19. wb93

wb93

Mike's 29. All class acts, but the 29 roadster takes it for me.

hipster, Bull and ct1932ford like this.
  20. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

My vote is cast....by my choice. Not influenced by all the jibber jabber.

Bull, mad mikey and ct1932ford like this.
  21. Bull

Bull

Even though my car is one of the 4 nominated, Mike's 29 is the one that actually does it for me in terms of a car I want to just jump in and blast down the road. Reminds me of my own roadster - no fuss - just raw hot rod goodness! Bitchin car!

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  22. It's tight race...ya have till Midnight

Bull likes this.
  23. pdc

pdc

Come on Mark! Announce the winner already!

ct1932ford and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  24. Bull

Bull

And the best man won -- for a second year in a row -- with another killer 32! Congrats!

25. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Congrats.....glad you won!!

26. Congrats Mark second year in a row and another great 32 is our Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" 2015 Pick.Thanks to everyone who entered and I am already looking forward to next year. image.jpeg

27. Congrats Mark your car is amazing!! Well deserved I am looking forward to next year and continued support of suicide prevention. Thank you for all you are doing to raise awareness for this.

RAZIN CAIN and ct1932ford like this.
  28. pdc

pdc

Congrats!!! Again another fine machine in Shelby's HotRod Round Up books. Well deserved CT1932Ford!

29. Congrats....I've seen the car at a couple of the local shows and it looks even better in person.

30. Congratulations Mark, HRP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.