Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found a 59 tbird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NewGuyOldFord, Dec 22, 2015.

1. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

My dad is cashing in some old bonds to try to help me get what we can. My friend has 15 acres and we are going to see if we could move them there till we decide on what we want and don't want. I have a quick question....the tbird has this spring loaded thumb switch on the drivers side A pillar right in front of the door vent window but not part of the door(it's in the garnish that "joins" the dash to the door)....what does it control? I thought maybe a power mirror but the car does not have an outside mirror on it now and it doesn't appear that it was power due to the 2 only mounting screws to where the original one was. Just curious as to what it would operate and yes, it is an original switch. Thanks. BART.

2. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

==============

Link to shop manual here -
    http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/Ford/1958/Thunderbird/Shop Manual/index1.html

A quick scan of the instrument and interior sections did not mention that button.

3. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Nice car jalopy joker. Not sure this one will ever be that nice.

6. Halfton65

Halfton65

Is the record player still in it?

7. yruhot

yruhot

I hATE TO HEAR STORIES ABOUT guys ripping off widows like this. I know several and If one of my car friends pass on I dont even tell them cause they swoop in like vultures. I've left instuctions with the wife who to contact to help here if I have anything left when I pass.

8. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Where is this place? I wish I was buying the Tbird but I'd be interested in the other stuff if it's reasonably close to NY

9. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Halfton65-Yes, the record player is still in it and the install instructions were still in the glove box. SaltCityCustoms-It's in Central Pennsylvania. I could let you know of some of this if you PM me. Not sure how much I can "hook" anyone up with this stuff. Titles may become an issue.

10. indyjps

indyjps

That family will get tired of the hassle and call in the scrappers and the cars will be lost. I'm not promoting ripping anyone off, only buying while the cars are available, if you read the rest of my post, I tried to save 15 cars, they all got scrapped because the family didn't want to deal with it.

Newguyoldford, sorry to derail your thread. Keep the posts coming.

Cooon likes this.