Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs wheel ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brickhead07, Dec 28, 2015.

1. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Hey guys,

I have this 58 Lincoln Continental. Thinking of flaking the roof and changing up the wheels. Looking at chrome smoothies with a shannon cap or maybe some Buick wire wheels. Any thoughts or ideas?

Attached Files:

2. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car would look good with the smoothes and cones or a proper set of wires.

4. slowmotion

slowmotion

On a land yacht, I like the look of Supremes or era correct wires (as suggested above).

5. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

I considered going with a set of Supremes. I plan on running a wide white wall but, I think they look better with a narrow white wall. The bolt pattern is 5x5 which I believe is the same as the Buick wires

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  6. I liked shannon cones back then and I like them now.
    Nice looking car.
    And don't forget the bellflower tips.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wire Wheels or special hub caps - too big of a ride just to run standard rims 9-10 Cruisin\' For A Cure  and Long Beach Motorama 070 (Small).jpg DSCN7450.JPG

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  9. Here's a look at Buick wires..

buick wires.jpg

Barn Find likes this.
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

I'm liking the wires above. They are more suiting since it's more of a luxury car.

12. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I like the chrome wheels with narrow whites, have them on my T-Bird but think your Lincoln needs the wires. Size and style of the car deserves the wires but needs the T-Bird style with the bigger center like on the 63 sport roadster.

Attached Files:

13. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

I am really starting to dig the wire wheels. What size white wall do you think? I dig that blue T-bird also. Didn't you have it listed for sale a while ago?

14. I think that it depends some on the build of the car, full on custom the chromies and shannons would be sweet, but custom cruiser type the wires would be my choice.

15. That cars way to classy for a "flake the roof and supremes" deal. Think class...drop it..wires or some hubcaps...lincoln premier caps come to mind...and if ya gotta paint the roof some sort of a nice pearl would look way better than some bass boat flake job..

RainierHooker likes this.
  16. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Thanks for all the input. Maybe I'll throw some wire wheels, lower it a touch and tint the windows for now

17. 29tudor

29tudor

What color are you thinkin of flaking it? Itd look good with a flaked roof and some chrome reverse wheels with wide whites. I was gonna do that to mine but I'm gonna go a different direction. Whatever ya do its a nice car that you dont see very often, do it justice!

18. 29tudor

29tudor

Id stay away from the supremes n bell flowers unless you want it to be like EVERY other late 50s/ early 60s "custom".

19. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

The interior is blue leather and cloth. If I painted the roof, I would go with a darker blue. The car is huge, over 19' long. I thought if I did the roof a different color, it would break it up some. Maybe tint the windows?

20. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Talked to Dave over at Truespoke. Going to order up a set of wire wheels. I'm going with stainless steel spokes and nipples. Also going with a set of Diamondback II with the beauty ring.

Attached Files:

falcongeorge and low budget like this.
  21. 29tudor

29tudor

Any word on the wires?

22. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Ordered them late last month. Dave said it takes approx 30 working days to complete a set.

23. Can't wait to see it...anymore thought on the roof? What about a real nice pearl white with some blue Winfield type fades and highlights

24. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

My buddy is going to spray the roof this spring. I've been scouring the Web and old mags looking for ideas. Leaning toward a blue pearl or even maybe a silver pearl.

25. I like where your heading..maybe a blue pearl with some fades

26. Couldn't help but play around with your great car one more time...A little lower ,tinted windows and a flake roof treatment.. flake.jpg

Chavezk21 and the man like this.
  27. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I give it a "Meh" on the blue flaked roof.

IF the OP really wants flake I'd put flake over the stock color. It'll just set off the car without stamping "modified car" on it the way the blue or a distinctly different color will. Just my $.02.

28. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Man, I wish I knew how to photo shop.

29. brickhead07

brickhead07
    from IL

Here's a couple pics of if a Lincoln that was for sale recently.

Attached Files:

30. I'm with you...any treatment done to that car needs to be a mild one.