Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ardun F1 1951

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Dec 19, 2015.

1. rexrogers

rexrogers

We are just about to finish up this Adrun project for one of our customers. We built the ardun motor for him a few years back and the original plan was to put the motor in a 23 track t something to showcase the engine. Well time passes and the owner sent us a patina truck to put the Ardun motor in. It does have a good bit more patina than i would like. But the chassis has been completely rebuilt new bed wood and all the structural areas of the body are repaired. We are running a T5 behind the motor and a 9"rear. We used Porter mufflers and the truck sounds great. The stock gauges are rebuilt along with a new wiring harness.
    It really has been a fun build to do, the truck is out getting some carpet and the seat covered now.
    Here is a link to the truck running down the street in front of the shop.

2. rexrogers

rexrogers

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

NICE! That is were they were designed to be. I often wonder if anyone popped the hood on an old truck and found an ARDUN powered engine? Bob

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool set up, the 'ol sleeper look - I understand that but, the firewall should have been cleaned/painted to help showcase that beautiful $ motor.

flatford39 likes this.

5. Love that motor, looks like it was photoshopped in there, I agree on the FW.

6. haychrishay

haychrishay

I am so damn Jealous right about now! But that is cool!

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Pretty damn cool! Sits good, too.

Malcolm

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I'm aghast...Beautiful dream engine from when my psyche first developed in flathead heaven.
    I'd love to drive that into a 'full service' station and watch the attendant's reaction when uncovering the sleeping monster.
    But I'm with Rex. 'Patina' is a little excessive, just a mild cleanup on the sheet metal and bumpers/grille/tailgate would compliment this otherwise Perfect truck!
    As always, just my thoughts...Love the welled fender and spare, goes with the stance!

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. BJR

BJR

What kind of horsepower does an Ardun flathead produce?

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Whachu talk'n bout Willis!

11. desotot

desotot

Nice!seems to me the Ardun deserves a roadster with an open engine compartment. Like BJR asked, how many hps?

12. rexrogers

rexrogers

From our dyno sheet the hps 245

kiwijeff likes this.
  13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

if yer a car guy, ya gotta love rich people....who else could drop 70k on a toy and make us all smile

14. Unless youv'e changed the filter material in those "little chrome air cleaners",they are pitiful breathers for fuel/air mixture.If they are stockers,your ratio will be rich or too fat.You cannot feed an engine too much air;it will dictate what it can handle.I have better luck with a big K&N style filters that I buy at swap meets and then make my own tops and bottoms. image.jpg

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hmmm....uh...hmmm...uh...maybe.....Bruce Meyer!

16. rexrogers

rexrogers

We have some k n filters in there now. We still need to do some road testing on the truck once the seat is done.

17. rexrogers

rexrogers

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450996441.836076.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450996453.541337.jpg .
    The 51 belongs to David Duthu we did a roadster pick up a few years back, and some preservation work on the King and Hansen belly tank

kiwijeff likes this.
  18. PackardV8

PackardV8

Love it and wouldn't change a thing.

jack vines

H380 and kiwijeff like this.
  19. 296ardun

296ardun

I like it! What is the story on the intake manifold? Didn't know someone made a 3-carb manifold for Arduns...of course I have not touched one in over 50 years, so I'm clearly out of touch.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. Very cool.
    Al.

21. ...simply COOL!,..but I'd have to throw that spare into the bed.

22. Yeah, the small stamped air cleaners are crap in the airflow department, but a big honkin' K&N is crap in the aesthetics department. There is a happy median between the two.

Ken Austin makes (or at least made) a variety of intakes for the Arduns. The 3x2 used on this engine is one of those.

296ardun likes this.
  23. I like it, at least the patina is real and not fake.
    As to the Ardun, I'm a big fan, just cause they have, the look, but they're not that rare nowadays, and its only money.....
    Someone else's, and we get to enjoy it for free.:D

24. 52lomofo

52lomofo

What is the front suspension consist of??

25. 52lomofo

52lomofo

would it be possible to install small block chevy using those stock motor mounts what would i need?? thanks Mike

26. I like it a lot, definitely be a surprise when the hood is popped open. The Ardun were developed to make more power for the big trucks, so this seems a nice fit. Engine looks very nice.

27. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Fastest? ....don't know. Growliest?......maybe not.

But absolutely gourgeous!!! :D

28. 29 Speedster

29 Speedster
    from Colorado

In the late 60's, I had a similar looking 51 Ford PU with a Rochester Fuel Injected 327 with a T-10. Fun truck.

29. rexrogers

rexrogers

Ken Austin is where the intake came from we built this motor about 5 years ago, don't know if they are still made or not.
    The front end Spring kit and dropped axle is from TCI. We did use a vega style box from Pete and Jakes.
    With a hurst style mount you should be able to get sbc motor installed plenty of room in the engine bay.

30. I just came across this, Don Garlits and his 500hp Ardun engine...

Glen.
    :)

Surfcityrocker and rexrogers like this.