Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1958 Buick Century Barn Find

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by rowycoracing, Dec 16, 2015.

1. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

City: Bellingham

State: Washington
    Price: 4200
    1958 Buick Century. This car is one of 93 vehicles from the Homer Stewart estate. It has been stored since 1976. Part of the time it was stored inside a large pole building and part of that time it was stored outside. As best as we can tell it spent the last 10 years on cement blocks outside at Homers house in the Tri Cities, WA. The car is complete and all original except for the radiator which was recently stolen. All the glass is there and original. There is a crack in the windshield. Clear title in hand. Rust wise the car is really solid for its age. The rockers, door bottoms, door posts etc all look to be real solid. The floor pans look solid. There is one spot in front of the left rear tire that is rusted through. The block under the exile on that side tipped over and the sheet metal was touching the sand. That spot is shown in the pictures. All the stainless and chrome trim looks good except 2 spots on the rear bumperetts which are shown in the pictures. Given the number of cars to deal with in the estate I have not had time to try to get this car running. The engine does turn over with the starter. I think this would be a relatively easy restoration project given the minor rust damage and the fact that all the trim and other pieces are there. I tried to take pictures that show the overall condition accurately. I can take more pictures of any part of the car that you would like to see. Just drop me a PM.

image.jpg image.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450366472.845161.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450366641.837645.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450366737.542448.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450366837.273346.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

3. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Bump.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  4. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

I finally had some time to tinker with the '58 Buick the last couple of days. The old 364 ci nailhead V8 now fires right up and runs just fine. Even though it has been stored since 1981 it started up like I drove it just yesterday. These old engines are great.