Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Kasper Auto Trim, Carl Kasprzyk passed away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curt R, Dec 23, 2015.

1. one of the premier rod and custom car upholsterers that lived in the Milwaukee, Wi., area all his life, has left us. Starting some 50 plus years ago, Carl upholstered many rods and customs in the mid west, probably as many, if not more than any other mid west upholsterer. Some of the cars were ISCA trophy and championship winners. He built his own rods and customs, stayed active in the rod and custom community and from early on was at the forefront of all things fun and good to do with cars. All areas of our country have their iconic figures, Carl was one of ours. He will be missed but, not forgotten.

Kasprzyk, Carl M. "Kasper"
    Carl's stitchin' talents will live on through his legacy of custom interiors as the owner for over 50 years of Kasper Auto Trim.
    A memorial gathering will be held at the Max A. Sass and Sons Funeral Home - Mission Hills Chapel on Saturday, December 26, 2015 from 12 PM until the time of service at 4 PM. "RIP Kasper"
    [​IMG]

See more at: http://www.maxsass.com/obituary/Carl-M.-Kasprzyk/Waterford-WI/1573059#obit-services

Bigblue61 likes this.
  2. Lcats

Lcats
    1. A-D Truckers

Rest in Peace Kasper. Hugs and prayers for all your family and friends- would have loved to meet y'all.

3. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Well known man for sure.
    RIP Kasper!

4. 'Upholstery by Kasper' was a very common notation on magazine feature cars in the late 50s/60s (and not just midwest cars). Best wishes to his family....

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Carl did some work for me in mid eighties. Great job, nice guy. RIP Carl. My condolences to his family.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. God Speed Carl.........Centurion9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    wedjim and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

RIP. My condolences. I believe there was a HAMB post some time back featuring his 37 in rather rough, "as found" condition.

9. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad news, losing another pioneer! Hope we get to see some more of his work on this thread.

10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God Speed! Condolences to the family and friends.

11. RIP Kasper. My condolences to the family.

12. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

When I was living in Menomonee Falls, I purchased my '40 Coupe. I was looking for all types of parts for the transformation. I met Karl and his son at the old Solid Gold McDonald's cruise in held every Thursday night during the summer. I was invited over to their shop/house and was able to pick over some choice parts. They were both classy and true die hard Hot Rodders. RIP Karl.

13. Candyaplred

Candyaplred

577641_10150859519687750_225337879_n.jpg Many thanks for all the kind words about my dad Kasper. Our family appreciates the love & support by all.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    PBRmeASAP, wingnutz, 37hotrod and 2 others like this.
  14. dkasprzyk

dkasprzyk
    from wisconsin

Curt, thank you so much for posting this. We certainly are going to miss my Dad. To everyone that has posted kind words, I would just like to say thank you. To all of the Kasper Auto Trim customers through the years, Thank you for making it possible for my dad to do the work that he so lovers for over 50 years.

Centurion9, 37hotrod and David Gersic like this.
  15. John Stimac

John Stimac

Carl, Bev, Don and Karen are in Roberta's and my prayers at this time.
    John Stimac

16. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

17. A common sight as Carl passed my home each time the car needed a little exercise....Nice car that never seemed to get any coverage......Centurion9

18. Painted by my friend and neighbor Bob Kruegel at Stone Valley Farms. Now enjoying retirement in Arizona

19. Rallyeguy

Rallyeguy
    from Wisconsin

Condolences to the Kasper family from the Genrich's, and all of us at Rallye.

Brian

20. Gods speed and prayers to the family...