Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Cars From Milwaukee Wisconsin, SE WI, and Northern Illinois....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Thanks Curt....One of my Favorites. I have an acquaintance who claims to have owned the "Executioner" Drag/Show Corvette......I believe I started a Thread on that car a few years ago, Another Butch/Kasper Collaboration. I'll have more to post over the weekend....Don't be afraid to post descriptions of Minor Cars here either.....Sometimes all it took was a name lettered on the Quarter Panels to make a name for yourself. Those are the ones I like best....Simple, affordable, and within the reach of every 20 year old kid in the neighborhood.....Centurion9

2. Who owned the 1966 Pontiac 2+2 Gran Prix factory 4 speed 421 Super Duty called "Night Shift"?

3. John Stimac

John Stimac

The car is in Manitowoc or Sheboygan area, I've got lots of build pics, here's a few !cid_B517F6F10FB946AC9461845AF32F462E@StimacPC.jpg !cid_DD8681D302FF4E77A61F6BC9AFFB5C5A@StimacPC.jpg !cid_062165B3A5354FA98D48F6AAA18AB802@StimacPC.jpg !cid_30530EE699B84890A90CA69574B183B9@StimacPC.jpg !cid_42275461A8084C85AD6C96369ECF072F@StimacPC.jpg

gnichols, wicarnut and Phillips like this.
  4. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

This one is from way back and its not a car, just part of a '28-'29 Ford Roadster. I own it now and am building it into a traditional roadster, flathead powered, etc. Keeping as much patina as I can without it being a ratrod. It was sponsored by a Jeep parts place out of Berwyn, Illinois likely sometime in the late 40's. It was likely a short track racer...some have said it may have raced at Soldier Field. I haven't had much like finding any history on it.

[​IMG]

5. love these pics and stories! keep them coming!

6. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

This is what I made of the old rough Roadster. The original picture is from 94 and I have been driving it since 2002. Gary IMG_0053.jpg

dan c, Tickety Boo, wicarnut and 3 others like this.
  7. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Looking for pic's of a '51 Ford coupe full kustom. Had 1956 front fenders front sections moulded in, '54 Chev. grille, '56 Ford 1/4 panels moulded in complete with tailights, and '56 Ford side trim added. Might have had a continental out back also. Came out of the central Wisconsin area, believed to have been sold in the 60's to someone in the southern WI. or northern IL. area. Anybody any info? Was painted a deep chocolate and cream tu-tone .....

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  8. Milwaukee, Wi., 1961, here is a basic, mild custom daily driver of one of the 20 year old Cruisin Angels club memebers.
    1957 ford.jpg

Centurion9 likes this.
  9. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lots of great photos of local cars on Rikster's site, Fuzzy Fuerholze collection. Some photos state owner and home town, I know there were detailed comments on some of the photos on Rikster's site, but I cannot seem to view them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. the first picture, 34 3 window, West Allis, Wi., car. Lud got the 34 from his brother and built it with his own ideas in his driveway, during late 50's. He was a bricklayer and would get layed off during the winter months and would work on the 34 every day during the daylight hours, all winter, he didn't have a garage. He did all the body, chassis and wiring and put the car together on the driveway to the point that it ran, shut it off then, rented a garage to paint the car and reassemble it. It was one of the first car's that got a 3-4 page feature article in Hot Rod magazine. He kept the 34 protected and covered until the 90's, sold it to someone in Iowa or Nebraska. I don't think it's been on the road since then.
    The group of pictures that Phillips posted were taken 1960-61.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    Tickety Boo and Phillips like this.
  12. John Stimac

John Stimac

Cool to hear that about the old beater
    !cid_F3A0D74FB67345ABB785D0E176656B85@StimacPC.jpg

13. Roupe

Roupe

Does anyone remember this car club from Oconomowoc, Wi. A good friend of mine bought this drag plate for me because I live in Oconomowoc. I have not found anyone who knows anything about this club. Cooney is a nickname for Oconomowoc. P1010110.JPG

Max Gearhead likes this.
  14. kinda quiet from the Illinois guys, here is a little help.
    Illinois "T" at Milwaukee, Wi., car show 1964 1964 audshow a.jpg

15. Roupe any idea how old that is?

16. John Stimac

John Stimac

Sad to say, we lost the guy sitting on top of the truck in the 1972 photo this morning. R.I.P. Carl Kasper -Kasper Auto Trim

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Anything "vintage" ever show up at the Fizz Ehrler Memorial shows in Sycamore, IL? I'd also like to see pix of cars that ran at Union Grove or from the Chicago area car clubs. Gary

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  18. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad news. Here's one of his cars, still around in some form, it was found down south somewhere.

37FordSedanOldCustom196300-vi.jpg

19. sad news, my friend, sad news. Curt R

20. not good to hear. RIP

21. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

So sorry to hear. RIP Mr. K. Did Carl pass recently?

22. as far as i know still hasn't surfaced from the new owner that bought it from guy that found it. I really wanted it, but he never priced it or responded to PM's

23. here is a dvd that I sell that has 900 drag race photos DVD 1 promo.jpg photos

24. I was told, December 21, 2015.

25. Roupe

Roupe

Don't really know. My guess would be from the '60s.

26. Bigblue61

Bigblue61

Sad to hear. The first time I met Carl was when he had the place on KK in Milwaukee . Then when I moved to Waterford I stopped by and said hi. I drive past his place everyday on the way home. RIP Carl

27. I met Carl in the early 70's....His Pearl White "Ghost" was in the back of the shop (inside), and I had just refinished a Huge Dining Room Table and he did all the Chair cushions in Royal Purple Diamond Tuft Velvet for me. I had a lot of photos of it but they too were lost in a move. Until a couple months ago, I lived in Golden Bay in Waterford. I spent a good amount of time watching the action at the shop until Carl went into semi-retirement. He moved the shop at a good time from KK.......The combination of Kasper, Butch, Vince and Bill Block always kept our car lovin' antennas up......He will be missed....

Bigblue61 likes this.
  28. RIP Carl, think he did my model A in 84" and a really good guy.

29. God speed Carl....

He did my 29 A Pickup in the mid sixties and my truck was in Street Scene magazine when he hosted a Safety Shake Down at his Waterford home.