Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Thoughts on Color

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Eric H, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Eric H

Eric H

patmanta and ynottayblock like this.
  2. Eric H

Eric H

3. slowmotion

slowmotion

Copper w/cream top. Bam!

falcongeorge and Eric H like this.
  4. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

This is where it's at... image.jpg

_justakid_, scotty t and Eric H like this.
  5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I would paint it all one color. The two tone takes away from the custom look and have been way over done. As far as color goes believe it or not it is on my 2014 F150. It is a very dark green ,almost black similar to the Ram color mentioned earlier. But when the sun hits it, it has a green /gold pearl metallic hue . It almost like a candy finish. Just my 2 cents, No matter what you decide this car will look awesome!!! Larry

6. desotot

desotot

Black is still the blackiest black. How did you mount the sombreros?

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

8. footbrake

footbrake

There is a real nice metallic or candy Rootbeer out there that I think either House of Color has or PPG

9. Eric H

Eric H

I cut beauty rings in four and pinched the sections under the lip of the sombreros.

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

No Im with ya on the 53,54 and 55. Dig the old school flat windshield.

11. I always thought that the grill in the '54 was a little homely, a lot like me. Maybe 54 just wasn't a good year. LOL

I don't know that anyone has noticed but there are some exceptional colors combos being posted on this thread, it would certainly make it hard for me to decide. ;)

12. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

BINGO!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. These are both House of Color paint. The Vicky roof is actually silver. The top for the Vert will be Black.
    They work for me. Don't pick on me for the wheels on the Vert. It's gotta roll on something for now.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

14. It won't be the Black Cavendish if it's green, but that's a really nice combination if you're going for a subtle custom.

Green is also one of the most subjective colours, people either love it or hate it. Men like bluer, cooler greens, women like yellower, warmer greens. You'll never get a roomful of people to agree on a shade they like.

Eric H likes this.
  15. AlkyWagon

AlkyWagon

bc7f5568ed3801809cc5462283520f8e.jpg
    I painted a truck this color. It'd go with your interior. Paint the top white pearl or champagne.

Eric H likes this.
  16. Eric H

Eric H

image.jpg I am in love with this green color and would like to put it on the body in a semi flat finish until the body and my wallet are ready for the final finish. Any suggestions on what product to use to achieve this?

17. Gleid

Gleid
    from Norway

Love the green choice!

18. Any automotive jobber can flatten single stage to whatever gloss level you like. I would go find a colour that is close and have them add the flattening agent to it.

Eric H likes this.
  19. Your wallet isn't gonna know the difference between shiny paint and flat paint....they cost the same......rather than do things twice put it in epoxy primer. Do your body work, spray that with epoxy, when your ready for paint scuff the epoxy, spray another couple of fresh coats over it and then spray your final color.

20. Eric H

Eric H

The $ part is for the prep it will need prior to quality paint. I need to cut and gap a lot of seams but need to get it together for a bit before #2 kido arrives. The final paint will likely be a full bare metal strip and prep.

21. Ppg makes a killer epoxy primer in their industrial line called CRE it's direct to metal, sands awesome, is high build, you can tint it, and it's reasonably priced.. Might be a good option for ya

Eric H likes this.
  22. Is this product a good base for a latter Base coat Clear coat top paint job?
    The Wizzard

23. Eric H

Eric H

Thanks!

24. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Eric, go to your local paint supplier and flip through the OEM books, you'll probably find something you'll like. I know fiat used a similar colour on the 500
    [​IMG]

_justakid_ and Eric H like this.
  25. My vote is for H.O.K. candy root beer. with a flake gold roof.
    Just sayin'

26. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

I think alky wagon nailed it.....

27. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I agree with post 34 & 47, different and timeless. The worst thing anybody can do is paint a car the wrong color. Remember in the '90s all the "swimming pool" aqua and "pinkish" cars, with the "dry brush" graphics, don't see many anymore. "It's just as easy to paint a car the wrong color as it is to paint it right"! The green in post 34 and 47 is a shade darker than a color offered for '40 Fords.

28. Yes it is. It's not uv stable, so if driven daily it will fade, discolor, etc. but you could hit it with 400, re spray it, and top coat it with your color and clear

29. I'm likeing this. I have a project coming out of about a 12 year storage that's in gray DP primer. I'm wanting to put it all together and make it drive again before doing any more Body work. Anything solid will do as long as it don't look like Primer.
    The Wizzard

Eric H likes this.