Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Recommendations for Carburetor Restoration Shops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earlymopar, Dec 20, 2015.

1. earlymopar

earlymopar

I'm interested in hearing any recommendations for carburetor restoration shops based on personal experiences. I've rebuilt many carburetors over my lifetime so would normally do this myself but prefer to go the restoration route this time with new yellow chromate coated zinc-plated steel parts as well as yellow dichromate on the main carburetor (body) castings. I know there are a few shops out there that provide these services but I have no idea who has the best prices, service and quality (backed up by a reasonable warranty).
    Thanks,
    - EM

2. earlymopar

earlymopar

I forgot to mention that this is for an early Holley 4-barrel.

3. slowmotion

slowmotion

4. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

I can vouch for the guy but he caters to the detailed, numbers - matching Mopar resto crowd...and does a good job.

5. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

6. oj

oj

Holley has a restoration shop too.

7. earlymopar

earlymopar

Thanks for the leads. As I mentioned, I am aware of many of the shops that do this but am hoping for feedback and recommendations based on personal experiences.
    - EM

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

EM
    I had the Holley for my L79 Nova engine done many years ago by the Holley Custom Shop.
    They replaced a few missing parts, recolored everything, rebuilt it and bench flow tested it. I was very pleased with the outcome.

20151220_085847.jpg

9. earlymopar

earlymopar

Thanks Denny.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We have a lot of experience with All American Carburetors, and all of it is really good. We usually pick up one or two Edelbrock carbs from their booth every year at Turkey Run, and are running their carbs on 3 of our cars right now. They also redid the 750 Holley DP that I will be using on my drag altered, it came back looking like it just came out of the box new........everything replated and colored perfectly.

In fact, we had one Edelbrock that we bought a couple of years ago and it had a little stumble in it off idle. I called them and William said "Send it back and I will deliver it to you at Turkey Run this year, NO CHARGE !" He did and it came back perfect. They also redid a hard to find set of tripower carbs for my Sons 442 Olds setup, and they came back looking like they did in 1966.

They don't just rebuild a carb, they remanufacture it.

Don

11. 29moonshine

29moonshine

12. rails32

rails32

2 Shops I have used many times. Custom Carberation in New Jersey and Dayton Parts Company in Floridia.

13. earlymopar

earlymopar

Thanks much Don. Those are the type of experiences I like hearing about.

- EM

14. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I have used Daytona Parts for 20 years. Very happy and their technical advice has been outstanding.

15. earlymopar

earlymopar

Thanks for your reply rails32. I will contact them along with the others.

- EM