Register now to get rid of these ads!

???KennedyBros. bomb Factory Location???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Feb 23, 2006.

1. A Boner

A Boner

I read somewhere that the Kennedy Bros. shop is about 1 mile from the So Cal shop in Pomona......does anyone know where it is, and if they are ok with drop in visiters?

2. cole

cole

Its Private, Call first. if you do get to go , keep it to 15 minutes, buy a teeshirt.

3. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I got their number at home. (Pm me)
    Read what cole said and follow it....

Spoons

4. I saw Joe at Nick Alexander's swap meet and show a few weeks ago. In fact bought a spare tire cover for my 36 3-win. from him. He said to stop by and worte down the address for me. Haven't made it by, but I agree, they are running a buisness and I would respect that. Great guys though, real down to earth.

5. swazzie

swazzie

Hey a boner , if ya go , buy me a tee shirt too , XL. swaZZie

6. phat rat

phat rat

If you get there be prepared to see some really neat stuff and try not too lose your cool. IT'S GREAT! Here are a couple of pics to whet your appetite

7. ambman

ambman

Anybody have better pictures of the Green 32 3 window in the photo? Looks great.

8. phat rat

phat rat

not necessarily better but another

9. TomH

TomH

We called, stoped by when they were shutting down for the day, got some teeshirts. great guys. Don't remember the street, the address is 1000, it's on the fence.

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

....and make sure no one follows you there.....

11. TomH

TomH

Pic

Attached Files:

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Turn left outta the SoCal parking lot. Go down about a mile to their street:D . Turn left. Just a bit down on the right hand side. Huge privacy fence blocking your view from the street. Limited parking. Like everyone else said, call first so they'll open the gate for you. Don't block the gate/driveway.:D

13. A Boner

A Boner

Thanks for all the info! :D
    Someone better tell them to stock lots of "T" shirts during the L.A. Roadster show this year! :D

14. jetcitysicko

jetcitysicko

While you're there, go eat at "Tropical Mexico" it's a house converted into a restaurant....best mexi food in pomona. Don't blink when you drive by the Kennedy's, you'll pass it.

15. I got to spent a few hours there a while ago..

One of the raddest shops I've seen.

16. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Dutchman, did you takes any photos? I always see thier cars every once in a while, in magazine show coverage or something like that, but never full features. I remember seeing them on Popular Hotrodding Television a Loooooong time ago.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I did. Not that you asked for mine but here some of them are anyway:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

19. No I didn't...

I liked to do a feature on those guys, but I just got there without even knowing we would go there... Rico from the Sinners took me there.
    If I'd start taking photos of a place like that, it'd take me about all day. It would definitely take up some time from Kennedys... I took it easy and just chilled.
    Great place.

20. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Thanks denise, I was at SoCal last summer, If I had known it was down the street would have checked it out, probably best that i didn't show up un announced though.

It was funny, I dragged my relatives from mission viejo with me, Pomona made them uncomfortable, reminded me of Jersey :D .

21. haha i bought a spare tire cover from them on friday (big 3) for my '36 5w. i've been there a few times (and going again for more parts), i bought my '36 through them. they had a '40 in the paper, went to look at it and told them i really wanted a '36. they gave me a tour of the shop, showed me a customers car they were doing ('36 cab) and told me they thought he has a '36 5w at his house a few blocks away. turns out he lives in utah (owns pomona property), flew in that day to take them to lunch and was about 20 min away. he got there introductions we made and i went to look at the car. he went back to utah and i bought the car in a month after he can back..... of course this was a few years ago. nicest guys you ever want to meet.