Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Vintage wrecking yard liquidation in WA. state

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cwikstrom, Dec 15, 2015.

1. cwikstrom

cwikstrom
    from Edmonds

Smart's Auto Wrecking just outside of Wenatchee Washington is finally liquidating everything. After being closed down since 1985, the land has been sold, and everything must go within a month. Plenty of fifties, and some forties vehicles. There's a 40 Ford 4 door, a 29 Ford flatbed, A few 57 - 58 Ford Fairlanes, an F-4 truck, and on and on. I'll post the phone number next, but Google it and all the info is there. Good luck, and happy hunting.

Attached Files:

2. more pics please,...thanks

cwikstrom likes this.
  3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

It will be a very sad day when every yard like this is gone. Oh, how things have changed in just a few decades. Hope guys get out there and save at least some of these cars.

4. 73RR

73RR

...and of course this happens in mid-Winter. Guess that will help keep the crowds to a minimum.

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

And of course its clear across the country!!

6. Swenson's probably been there and got all the good stuff anyway.

Johnboy34 likes this.
  7. Hope it gets saved from the crusher and shows up here in parts for sale.

8. Other side of the planet!!

9. cwikstrom

cwikstrom
    from Edmonds

well, I can show you the one I just bought. This 46 - 47 Chevy 2 door sedan. He wanted $1,000, But let me have it for $500. I may pick up the nose of the 48 four door sedan. Get them cheap, but you got to move fast.

Attached Files:

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  10. Fedman

Fedman

So sad to see happen.....
    That area is so dry, makes a perfect spot for an old Auto Wrecker.
    In our lifetime will there be any left at all? :(

11. cwikstrom

cwikstrom
    from Edmonds

Here's some more...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  12. cwikstrom

cwikstrom
    from Edmonds

And more...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for info/pics. good for you saving what you can.

14. moonman29

moonman29

15. The 47/48 Chevy 4 door looks to be a "Turtle top, or Helmet top". Pretty rare body style.

16. bigbarkoz

bigbarkoz

I went out there last Sunday and took as many pics as I could. I figure the pics either help save some of these beauties or just document what was there. Talking with Corky and it looks like end of January will be the end of the sale. After that they bring in the magnet crane.

I am about 2 hours and a mountain pass away from Wenatchee and I am planning on making another trip to start buying. There are sheds full of labeled and organized parts that are too dark to get pics. Full of heads, carbs, windshields, driveshafts, you name it and Bud was collecting it.

I put the pics up on my website. I am not selling anything, just trying to get the word out so people can rescue as many parts and cars as possible.

http://bigbarkozspeedshop.com/forsale/smarts-auto-wrecking-closing-bodies/

kiwijeff likes this.
  17. cwikstrom

cwikstrom
    from Edmonds

I'm heading over Sunday, got my toolbox and camera loaded

18. ...that looks like a beautiful place.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

wow what a a great place , wish I was closer just to be able to walk around and photograph it ,

20. Squablow

Squablow

That '50 Crestliner is a gem, I'd like to think someone would save that one. The German Helmet Chevy Fleetline is another, those fender trims would sell for $500 alone if there's a whole set. His prices seem fairly reasonable, I hope a lot get saved, even just for parts.

brad2v likes this.
  21. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

All the stuff in the northeast outside is mostly beyond saving!

22. Paging Jay Leno, and any other well heeled car nut.
    Be great if the magnet crane had to turn around and go back where it crawled out of, due to nothing left!

23. blackanblue

blackanblue

Way out of my reach but it still brings a tear to my eye to see that stuff crushed for penneys on the pound I hope some gets salvaged.

24. bigbarkoz

bigbarkoz

Corky was very open to any offers that keeps the stuff out of the crusher. He wants as much as anybody in the hobby to keep this metal on the road. The latest CL ad has the Packard down to $750. Wenatchee is dry desert so most of this metal is in decent shape. Corky did say a bumper guy came in and grabbed a couple hundred and was suppose to come back for another 100. The bumpers are in amazing shape! Lots and lots and more lots of Flatheads!!!

http://bigbarkozspeedshop.com/forsale/smarts-auto-wrecking-closing-parts/

25. Wow. Nice buy on your item ! Clean for five bills. That Cadillac/WWII tank engine is cool too. They weigh so much, but they always looked wicked with lake pipes out of the top ... in a hot rod.

Anyone know what kind of wire wheels this 28/29 has ????? I've not seen these before .... but that's not sayin' much .... probably.
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy Hovering Chevys Batman...
    upload_2015-12-18_11-46-16.png
    Joking aside it is sad to see that these very restorable projects and parts cars are disappearing soon...nothing lasts forever. Beautiful backdrop for a yard. Hotrodder paradise...Get those cars everyone. ​

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  27. alchemy

alchemy

Tonner wheels.

28. Alchemy ... apologies to all on a hijack, not my intent at all .... are those common wires ?

1 ton Ford wires ? Wide five bolt pattern ? They seem to be large diameter .... will my luck hold and get dimensions from you too ? Ha ha lots of questions. Okay shoot the hijacker.

edit > 20 " by something or other - haven't found that part yet. 1.5 ton corrected. Hmmmm .... just thinkin' low slung pre-war thoughts with 'em.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  29. pontman

pontman

Well they couldn't have picked a worse time to do this! Its the middle of damn winter and showing over there I'm sure? Oh well, I hope all the good stuff gets saved.