Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Did you guys give up meeting for breakfast every so often?

2. txturbo

txturbo

I guess so....last I heard nobody could decide on which weekend.

3. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

Maybe it can pick back up, now that the weather is more tolerable... Anyone want to meet up before Burnout?

4. aldixie

aldixie

Will be going to The Burnout. Without the Chevy as the transmission went out and the new project in the drive is in the way of the garage. Was down the court house today filing for the title.

5. Houston area HAMBers there is a get together coming up hosted by Strokers c.c. and Demons. See the details below. image.jpeg

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I wish I could make it Gregg. I'll be out of state

7. I'm sure you'll be have more fun if you're going south, of so I'm jealous!!!

8. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

The city of Manvel is having their Christmas parade this Saturday the 5th.

It's starts at 5pm and if you want to be in the parade with yer old car, show up in the Manvel high school parking lot at 4pm to line up. Bring some candy to chuck at the kiddies and stay for the the fireworks show right after.
    1448997473065.jpg

1448997494267.jpg

9. aldixie

aldixie

I'll be up in Dallas, Brian Setzer Christmas Extravaganza and family Christmas.

10. Will miss the gathering at Cypress. Haven't worked on the Model A for awhile, life has been getting in the way. So Sat. the day to hit it hard, maybe some on Sun. since the Texans have a night game. Take some pics and post them on this thread. Will make the next one

11. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I made the burger run in Cypress today under threat of storm but only got a little wetting. Met some really nice folks, and my wife and I are looking forward to going to some more local gatherings in the future. Back in Indiana the rods would have already been put away for the winter. One more thing I am getting to like about Texas is the year around rodding.

12. Anybody take pics at the Cypress get together Saturday? If so post them up.

13. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

Spanish Flower soon?

14. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Some shots from the burger run.
    B1.jpg
    B2.jpg
    B3.jpg
    B8.jpg B7.jpg B6.jpg B5.jpg B4.jpg

15. Thks Lowcab, looks to have plenty of parking. Will make the next one up there.

16. image.jpeg Somebody needs to ask Dickster what that funny noise is...

17. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Well, I'll tell you the story. When I arrived, I noticed 5 or 6 guys just standing there like they were tired or bored, so I hit the start mode while the engine was running and yip, it woke em' up all right.

18. image.jpeg Blowers and burgers, doesn't get much better

19. Thanks to everyone who came out to our Burger Run. I am planning another one at the same location sometime in March. See you there!

20. Sounds Great!!!
    I plan to be there, I'm having to redesign my cooling system for stop/go traffic situations & couldn't make this one.

21. that's great... I am working on having a band play at the next one... I'll announce who once I get a confirmation.. The weather kept a bunch of people away I am afraid but, I don't blame them. The rain held off for most of the day but I think everybody got wet going home... The Shack makes for a great location. Two parking lots one for daily drivers and one for hotrods, stuff for the kids to do, plenty of seating, great food...

72yenkonova likes this.
  22. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

As far as myself and or Bob, No someone needs to set a date and a place.
    Looks like olskoolrodder is goin to do another at the burger joint in March, Bob & I'll be there. Terry

23. txturbo

txturbo

Does anyone still meet at Chikfila at grand parkway and 59 anymore? I've been out of the loop for almost a year getting my new shop built. Should be back to participating again by next month.

24. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

I not sure, still going to Otto's BBQ on Saturdays, Kerry shows up and paly tunes.

25. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

If you like Texas, you will fit right in at the great car show that Sam and his crew put on in Texas City (The Lone Star Deluxe) I don't have a date for this show, Sam if you read this or if someone knows, please post it. We need to do a breakfast b4 the show again guys. All right dickster27 the word to know in Texas is Y'all. It's Like "Dammit Y"all", get out of the pool kids, can't you see it lighting and thundering, and get Y'alls A$$ in the house and dry off. You'll get it , Y'all in Texas now.

26. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I'll get there all ya all.

27. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

15th Annual Lonestar Round Up April 8 & 9th, 2016 in Austin, Texas

28. Sam's show.... April 23rd, the 107 days isn't correct... just picked it off his FB page...
    [​IMG]

29. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

There's a place on W19 st it a burger "Hubcap Grill" I'll be there on Saturday the 6th about 10:30 or so, its to nice not to get out this weekend, since I have the new radiator in the coupe.