Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Took a long time to get gas this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AVater, Dec 13, 2015.

1. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Seems like it took me a long time to get some gas this weekend. Saturday was beautiful here in CT, kind of sunny and close to 60 out. Decided to fill up the Avatar before tucking her in for the long winter ahead and take advantage of a nice day out there. Long story short, left home about 1:30 and headed on down the road. After a nice visit with Nick the Bandit and a nice long run on the highway, I headed home much closer to empty and just getting dark out.
    Today, another nice day, finally got gas but not before taking the long way there and back. Can't be many more of these opportunities before the snow flies.

BTW, when I passed the guys up ahead, I noted they were hauling an engine home..

Best wishes for a fine Holiday Season!

Pete

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and kiwijeff like this.
  2. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Sounds like a fun ride .Good weather for it!

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I kinda miss CT.

4. We have had beautiful weather both Saturday and Sunday here in South Carolina.

I drove the old black sedan over the the Early Ford V8 store for a open house picnic on Saturday and drove the red sedan to Pickens to have a Christmas party with the Early Ford V8 Club of America,all in all a great weekend and I'm sure the 75 degree days are about over. HRP

030.JPG

5. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Where did you go? We miss you and several others who moved on.

6. metalman

metalman

Go figure, nice and sunny in Ct, I wanted to take a 40 PU out this weekend but woke up to rain all day yesterday and 4 " of snow here in NM today. Seems backward to me;)

czuch likes this.
  7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yes it takes twice as long to pump a few dollars worth of gas than it did a short while ago ........I like it below 2.00 a lot better than 4.00;)..................weather has been pretty nice too.:)

8. Didn't take me nearly as long to get gas.........had a couple of boiled eggs.....that's all it took.:D

9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

^^^^^^^TMI^^^^^^^ :eek:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great to see that rides are out on the road while warmer weather prevails to the East. warmer in Atlanta, GA than it is in the "hot" Desert area of Southern Calif.

11. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I lived in Manchester for a couple years. We moved up there for work and then moved back to Kansas this time last year.

12. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I went out a week ago Sunday..I forgot to take an odometer reading but judging by the gas I used I did about 180 miles. A little over 4 hrs and about 40/45 average speed and not one finger waving session! 99% two lane highways.. This coming weekend may have another good Sunday, not as warm but I got windows and heat.. :)

13. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Tucking in????
    Our best driving is winter driving,, the weather is cooler for the 'hot' rods. The tourists are off the beaches and the highways. And if you are brave you can drive the hot rod up to the ski slopes one day and to the beaches the next day.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Took the daily driver to the last Flea Market of the year in New Milford, filled my cart twice, it was a nice day. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Bob

15. Bob, what did you get?

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll post a groupe photo later less the OT bronze nude. Bob

tb33anda3rd and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Maybe you could sneak a picture in of the bronze nude.:D

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. ace5043

ace5043
    from Florida

Nick the Bandit... Good guy from Manchester. Bought a set of glide headlights off him once when I lived there.. That guy has everything you need or will know where to get it

19. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Amazing how many people this guy knows- here and wherever. Very connected and helpful.

Wish our winters here allowed for a longer driving season. Seems like one early snowstorm they go crazy with the salt and that just kills the season until spring rains.

20. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Com'on back. We can use your tax money.

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Yep..Helped me out with some Dietz buckets for my Crosley, even delivered them!..Of course we talked for hours!..

22. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

X2 !!

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

We could collect Nick the Bandit stories, and have a book ready for Christmas next year. I wanted a '56 Ford stepside back in 1975, and asked Nick.. He told me to call a guy in Anaheim, and I got to take my first cross country trip. Bob

ace5043 likes this.
  24. ace5043

ace5043
    from Florida

Come on down to SWFL...No income tax & endless summer days.

25. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Ace, you make a great point I have been pondering. The big drawback to me is that I don't think I could handle the summer heat. Half and half could work though. I love the SW area of Fla.