Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Old Studebaker soon to be cut up and brought to dump!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by donald mcgrath, Dec 7, 2015.

1. st.rod

st.rod

Old Studebaker soon to be cut up and brought to dump!

Ya' don't brought to the the dump ya' TAKE it

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. st.rod Is that a Studebaker Rockne Coupe in your avitar?
    The Wizzard

3. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back before 1990 or so I had a mini salvage yard out in the country. I wasn't zoned properly and ultimately had to divest myself of about fifty 50-70's era cars, one was a Studebaker similar to the one pictured, in decent shape with a V8. I contacted a local Studebaker "guy", he looked at it and didn't even make an offer:( It got crushed along with a number of other cars including a 62 Impala 2dr hardtop, a Starsky and Hutch looking Torino, and some others I've forgotten.

4. 327Eric

327Eric

Before you junk it, take a look at the rear axle. It may have a a twin traction (posi) Dana 44 . I have pulled two from Stude sedans. (Found one in a 59 Pontiac sedan once also). If it has a flanged axle it is worth a couple bucks too. Or it could be a little 27. Never know with Studebaker's.

5. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Wow, the OP tries to do a good deed and we got some grown men here bashing the car and the OP's grammar.

6. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

Man I wish we were closer. We are fixing up a 4 door 59, and have a 60 Lark gasser. I could use a bunch of the parts. Specifically the front bumper.

7. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

And Donald, thanks for posting. I am hopeful someone will find this thread and get with you. Your gesture and effort appreciated.

8. thunderplex

thunderplex

I agree. X2, typical negative HAMB comments.

PunkAssGearhead88 likes this.
  9. upnorthloner

upnorthloner
    from Michigan

Ye Gods !!!! There's got to be SOMEBODY that'll jump at this offer ! I would if I didn't live so far from you ( Michigan ). And I'm not even into Studies !! But those things, even for parts as you suggest, are priceless. Have you tried any of the Studie websites?, like: http://billstudepage.homestead.com/ or http://www.classicent.com/studebaker/ And there are probably a number of others. Please do spend as much time and effort as you can to give that thing to somebody---ANYBODY---who would pick it up. Maybe a local technical college that teaches body-work ?, or a local body shop might have a connection that would take it off your property ( but NOT just so they can scrap it out themselves!!! ) Golly, I sure hope you can pass it to somebody that'll make good use of it. Thanks, from old geezers like me, for your efforts !!

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hitch on a trailer, grab a friend and start driving. You can be there and back on a long day. Fuel and a days drive and you have a free parts car for your two Stude's.