Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How many H.A.M.B.ers are book authors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevy Gasser, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TeamEvil

TeamEvil

2. Scotty, what about that book on sedan deliveries we talked about?

3. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks guys, but I don't know if a station wagon follow-up is realistic at this time. I'd definitely be up for it, but Cartech calls the shots on that stuff. Besides, I already have more work than I can do these days... Thanks for supporting the authors on here. I know how much work it is to build a book.

4. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

As an Acquisitions Editor for a large automotive book publishing company I can tell you that there's no shortage of great ideas out there still. Feel free to inbox me with your ideas.

5. pitman

pitman

Mr. Hurst, tis great to learn of your efforts!
    Talesindesign.com is my design-reader for the ever curious Wrench! :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  6. atomickustom

atomickustom

I assume you mean car-related books, but I saw some academic stuff on this thread as well so here is mine: ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432585721.097797.jpg
    It currently goes for $122 on Amazon as a paperback, which is insane! It used to be a hardcover for $45.
    I pitched a book about car people to Motorbooks years ago but they turned it down. Maybe because I identified a '29 A as a '32 Ford in a photo caption?

7. jeffg1010

jeffg1010

I guess you could say I am soon to be published. My personal goal is to have it to the publisher by 12/31. My book is a collection of stories about car guys who have found cars they sold many years ago. It has been a very fun journey researching the book. If you'd like to see more, check out my website at www.theonesthatgotaway.com

8. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Well,it is kind of Ot but I wrote "what fits what on Harley-Davidsons" In 1978 and "Harley-Davidson special tools" a couple of years later.Both still in print(M Arman publications) as well as a number of magazine articles for a couple of different motorcycle magazines..

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

6cyl Leo? knew him back when he ran the blue gasser which he flat towed in with a brown stocker at CT Dragway, mid 70's....Really nice guy..