Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. TheFett

TheFett

I haven't taken my rear seat out but I did find this while looking under my front seat...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1449854089.801212.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Trust me Maryland girls are way better.....damm I miss lothian and shady side!!!

lothiandon1940 and DBruce like this.
  3. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

In high school, I bought a 73 Dodge Dart Swinger. My girlfriend found a tampon in the backseat and gave me crap about that. Then, I found out that the girl who owned it before me had poured oil into the radiator! After that, I found out that the car was a POS.

rjones35 likes this.
  4. I used to work in Shady Side, Galesville Marina.

5. ...............................Seems we may have traveled in the same circles.:D;)

Nailhead Jason and DBruce like this.
  6. Bought a 61 Impala last July. Had lots of parts pulled off the car that were inside and in the trunk. At the bottom of the pile in the trunk was a nearly NOS grille guard that I didn't notice because it had all been taken apart. The guard ends, rubber bullets and hood pull were mixed up in the rubble behind the front seat. I was jazzed.

DSC07971 50 SMALL.JPG

lothiandon1940, DBruce and Fedman like this.
  7. "We traced all the crabs back to Uranus. :)"

Well played my friend

zzford, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

In my 1959 Chevy Impala convert I bought new I found an empty GMAC coffee cup and a half eaten Mrs Wagners pie. Also all the ground straps for the dashboard and radio. Somebodies coffee break was interrupted

slack likes this.
  9. cfmvw

cfmvw

Some of my better finds over the years have been a set of deep 3/8" drive sockets, some German coins that were in the heater channel of my '60 VW, loose change, packages of condoms, a hunting knife, and a Snap On ratchet. I knew of someone who bought a new Cadillac back in the '70s that had a weird clunking noise - turned out to be a wrench on a string in one of the rear doors with a note that said, "Noisy bugger, isn't it?"

Falcon H and DBruce like this.
  10. Probly so, Id like pulling roots and moving up there in the next few years. Great place South county and LA (lothian area)

11. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

A small plastic bag of small seeds. They did germinate and grow.

12. ..............Noticed how you carefully didn't mention what kind of seeds.:D;)

1927graham, barryvanhook and OahuEli like this.
  13. TLDLTD

TLDLTD

Probably oregano....my guess anyways LOL

14. stronga

stronga

I found an ugly 1" square piece of green shag carpeting left over from a past floor carpet.

15. Tomblingarage

Tomblingarage

Against the wishes of my fiancé, I bought a very rough but complete 55 studebaker president for $200 from a dude up the road. He was going to haul it in for scrap. Inside the trunk was a garbage bag full of new old stock Stude tail lights, horn buttons, and bumper guards with new fog lights! Needless to say I made my money back and then some after a few eBay auctions! The best part is, now I receive no lip when I drag home another classic!

DBruce likes this.
  16. A " brick " of (use your imagination) fell out of a car I picked up in Douglas, AZ about (5) years ago at a (I kid you not) Border Patrol Agents' house about 50 miles
    down the road.

I only found it by chance when I was checking the straps.

I don't think it was him but since the pick up was in Douglas, AZ it could have come from anyone ....

Jim

lothiandon1940 and barryvanhook like this.
  17. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I started tearing into the Austin, I was plasma cutting the old firewall and something stuffed up in the dash behind where the glove compartment used to be caught on fire. When it finally dropped down it was a small (assuming female) leather glove. There was also a small empty tub of Vaseline and wiffle ball crammed up there. I don't want to know!

18. So...how much did you get for it? :rolleyes:

19. Ha !

I tossed it by the side of the road ..

There were/still are random checkpoints along the I-10 corridor thru AZ - NM - TX.

Don't need that headache ...

Jim

20. thunderplex

thunderplex

21. stimpy

stimpy

after buying all the chrome trim for my dash that I thought was long gone when I bought the car , I was going thru the trunk and found most of it in a plastic bag under the spare rim and trunk cardboard ... not too happy camper but what brightened my day was 2 nos silverstreak badges to replace the broken one on one side and the painted over one on the other .

22. rexrogers

rexrogers

We found an unopened can of beans in a 1929 Chrysler along with some golf balls and tees and a score card dating back to 1948. No one at the shop is brave enough to open up the beans and try them. We did find a nice body dolly in the 1/4 panel of a Nash Healey that had some extensive repair work done in that area their was a repair ticket in the car as well i believe the date was 1958.

Attached Files:

slack and DBruce like this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Not the coolest, but it sure did surprise this 16 year old.
    In 1970, I was putting a new battery in my older brothers' 66 BelAir station wagon, I dropped the hold down and while fumbling around for it I found a nearly new, long handled bodymans dolly, just like this one. I bet that guy wasn't too pleased with himself.

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 and DBruce like this.
  24. thunderplex

thunderplex

25. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

26. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

A few years ago I bought a '63 Riviera from an elderly lady. The car was her late husbands and had been setting out in the weeds for several years. She didn't know if it had a title and couldn't find one. I was going through it a few days later and found the title in the glove box. I thought that was way cool.

27. thunderplex

thunderplex

Bttt, for more stories...

28. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Not all that cool,but I bought a 53 Ford parts car I didn't want for 75 bucks because the guy was going to crush it,and it had a good 8BA and OD trans in it.

Got it home and discovered an aluminum FE medium rise intake in the trunk with no parts numbers,and only "FoMoCo" raised in an oval. I have been told since then that this is a NASCAR short track intake made for 427's and 428's. Don't know if that is true or not,though.

29. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I bought a 62 chevy pickup when I was a kid and took out the front seat because it was junk and I had a set of 64 impala buckets to put in it.Once I got the seat out I found a Remington model 41 in among the springs ! The truck is long gone,I still have the Remington.

DBruce likes this.
  30. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Recently I found a set of sockets in a Jag I bought to strip for the suspension. But some less interesting stuff makes for a far better story.

I was riding my motorcycle around the trails above Moab, Utah. I was on the Hell's Revenge Trail, which is open to FWD vehicles as well as motorcycles. I stopped to look closely at an obstacle along the trail, called the Devil's Hottub. Jeeps and trucks like to drive into the water in this natural "tub" in the granite, and then drive back out up the steeper back wall. I rode my bike down into the hole, and stopped. All around my feet on the floor of the (dry for the moment) "bathtub" were coins, bullets, paperclips, and generally a lot of bits of detritus - exactly the kind of stuff you might find under the seat of any car, truck or jeep. If you wonder how that stuff found its way onto the floor of this hole in the rock, imagine no more. This guy wasn't the first one to "misplace" the stuff from under his seats:

DBruce, Truck64 and Jet96 like this.