Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Would love to see your '32 Jordan ! Please call me when you are in town !

2. Chip & Shaun 16.jpg Haven't posted much recently as the '39 Ford Coupe aka HAPYDZ as been a priority . As soon as the final coat of paint is dry....I can start on the '32. Shaun has been doing a great job on the '39, over the last year getting it ready for that day. The epoxy primer went on recently in the back yard....Old School .

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  3. swimeasy

swimeasy

Wow, I have not had much time to get on the board as I have spent the last three years on staying focused on my projects and having two daughters get married. I have decided to get back active on the HAMB to avoid burnout. This may seem a little hard to believe, but your story and thread are the first thing that I have read on the HAMB (or any other board for that matter) in months! This thread and your story are the best thing that I could have found to read at this time. Thank you and good luck with that '32!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    oliver westlund and Hapydz like this.
  4. 32 coupe rear.jpg OK.... I think (?) I have decided on the look for the '32. Black with red steelies, wide whites, no chop, no roof filled. Exposed rad cap,door handles, head lights as original on a Drake dropped bar.,Tailights, bumpers as original. A nice rake with a dropped axle. I guess you might call it a rest-o-rod, but I just call it " My second chance"...:)

5. studebaker46

studebaker46

I think you have picked the perfect formula ( less is more) good luck with it amazing story Tom

Hapydz likes this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Is it old school to spray epoxy paint without any respitatory protection ? Even outside you need something to protect your lungs.

7. I have talked to Shaun about this and he feels being outside with a breeze and the low vol. gun, he doesn't seem to be concerned ....What can I say , he has been doing it for years.

8. Well, as it turns out....I was right. Joe says that he can save it ... :)

9. Slopok

Slopok

There's no way you can go wrong if you follow your sons formula and make it look just like he did for the avatar. Absolutely timeless combination.

Hapydz likes this.
  10. seatex

seatex

Awesome story, VERY INSPIRATIONAL!

11. "Well, as it turns out....I was right. Joe says that he can save it" \'32 hood fixed 1.jpg

JP55 and Finn Jensen like this.
  12. Rad Cap 3.jpg \'32 Rad Shell 1.jpg \'32 Rad Shell 2.jpg The rad shell had been filled many years ago. I had unleaded it and Joe is restoring the opening to original. Interesting fix by adding a new piece of sheet metal that he can form to match the original style chrome rad neck/cap trim.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Dick Stevens likes this.
  13. Joe Phillips came by the other day and took the passenger door that has had the dent in the belt line since before I bought the car the first time.... It seemed unbelievable that it was going to finally get fixed. Looking forward to seeing it after he does his magic on it. :) 32 Door.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  14. 1st 32 2.jpg With regards to the coupe's history , this amazing info unfolded today....
    ‘Morning all; A bit of interesting news regarding the ‘32 while at the Sunday Morning Golden Arches club meeting today. During the week, I gave the attached photo to a friend who told me that he sees Bunny Massaro on a regular basis and thinking that he might have been the one that traded it in at Dominion Motors where I bought it from,he could ask him if he did . He told me this morning that he had seen Bunny yesterday and told him about the story of the ‘32 and showed him the photo. Well....guess what.... As soon as he saw the picture he said... Yup that’s it and added , I had three of them at that time. ...........
    I do believe that the salesman , Mr. Winters told me that name..... Wow !!! I can’t believe it. Now I guess I will just have to go for coffee with Bunny !
    I will keep you posted [​IMG]

Ron

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  15. I made contact with Bunny yesterday and we are going for coffee Thursday afternoon. I am really looking forward to meeting him and finding out more of the coupes history ! It sure would be great if he has some photos. I feel just like a kid waiting for Christmas .... :)
    Ron

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Wow, you say he had 3 of them. Find out if he knows the location of one of the other ones for me. I want one too :D

Hapydz likes this.
  17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well ? Where is my 5 window, I'm still waiting :D

18. I was expecting this "Blue"...Very funny !!! The last time I talked with "Bunny" we decided that he would call me about when we could meet (he seems to be a lot busier than I am).
    I have noted your request but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting...LOL. He did tell me however, that he has pictures . I will try him again early next week if he hasn't contacted me. Inquiring minds want to know....right ?

oliver westlund and Blue One like this.
  19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes for sure :D

Hapydz likes this.
  20. 97

There is a set of new Brookville fenders and a firewall for sale over on Fordbarn, about page 6 or 7 of the early V8 classifieds $1700, I dunno if that is a good price or not.They would be 4000 bux plus in New Zealand.

Hapydz likes this.
  21. Thanks for this 97, I will check it out...

22. jeffg1010

jeffg1010

Hey Ron,
    Any update on the meeting with Bunny? We want pics! Life got in the way of my book a couple times but I've told my wife I want it done by Dec 31st. We gotta get on the phone once you land these pics and the "rest of the story"
    -www.theonesthatgotaway.com

JP55 and Hapydz like this.
  23. GeeRam

GeeRam

If it was mine, I think I would leave the crease rather than fix it..........as it's just so much part of the history of the car :)

Straight30weight likes this.
  24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes: It's another leave the damage and rot it's history preacher :rolleyes: BS to that. Fix it like everything else.

Jrs50, Deucedreamer and kidcampbell71 like this.
  25. GeeRam; I understand where you are coming from regarding the dent in the door but I have to do it as nice as I can, now that I am my older brother....;-)

Jrs50 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Jeff, Bunny said he would call me but I think it is time that I called him. I will try this evening as I am anxious as well....

oliver westlund likes this.
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm anxious too :D Still waiting for my 5 window. :)

Hapydz likes this.
  28. Lou Wells \'32 side.jpg [/ATTACH] Lou Wells\'s 32 Fiver.jpg I had a chat with Bunny today and I believe we will be going for coffee early next week. It would be nice to hear his side of the story !
    I came across this photo on Facebook the other day. What a great target to emulate, at least in my mind it is. The lucky owner is Lou Wells from Idaho.....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  29. Well, keep your fingers crossed, I'm going for coffee tomorrow at noon with Bunny. I'm really looking forward to this !!!

oliver westlund and Blue One like this.
  30. RussTee

RussTee

We are all waiting with baited breath to see Bunnys photos Ron so much to the story of this car.

Hapydz likes this.