Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Thoughts on this CList Model A?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vspeedster, Dec 8, 2015.

1. vspeedster

vspeedster

2. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

nice fenders....

dad-bud and vspeedster like this.
  3. Pretty good for a runner,driver.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

interesting. only worth what someone pays for it. if you are going to leave it as it, and want a unique body style then has value.

5. Price seems in the ball park but ask yourself it that is really the body style you like? Not one of my favorites. Wonder who rebuilt the engine? Sit down and figure out what you want to end up with and price what it would take to get there starting with this car. Might be less expensive to buy what you want to end up with. If it is really motor number 105 and it has all of the other parts to match it might make the Model A guys crazy.

Charlie Stephens

vspeedster likes this.
  6. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Are you reasonably mechanically inclined and don't mind tinkering with stuff? That thing is 100% mechanical, very basic, and will need frequent adjusting with / messing with just to keep it running smooth and steering and stopping safely. Reason I ask is there are lots of people who "want" an old car, but don't have the means, tools or aptitude to own and maintain an old car. That being said, it's kinda cool if you just want to putt around town on the side streets and maybe fix it up a little as you go along. If you just want something "old", I'd prefer something from the 50's or early 60's with a roof, radial tires, and hydraulic brakes.

7. Dude has got mad grammer skillz! It's nice to see the functionally illiterate getting involved in the hobby. Even here in the backwoods of Wisconsin, I expect better than this.

8. Pitch'ers always .....please ... C'List posts evaporate quickly >>>
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1928 Ford Model A Sport Coupe stored last 50 years,motor rebuilt runs smooth,lots new stuff, motor, starter, generator, plugs, wires ,condenser, more. Motor number 105, runs, drives, shifts, thru gears ,stops, even e-brake works. Lots of new other parts available.

117harv likes this.
  9. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

"Shifts threw gears"

Wonder where it threw 'em?

10. indyjps

indyjps

Planning on keeping it as is and fixing it up, or parting it out to keep the body?

11. vspeedster

vspeedster

Phone number in the ad: (715) 678-2293

Just noticed it on CList and looking for thoughts. I'm pretty green with rides like this.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  12. Remember if you plan on restoring it and it is really number 105 you will have to deal with finding AR (the restorers designation for the very early parts) parts.

Charlie Stephens

13. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I could see that car as a great starter project...not to sure about the funky fender setup, but I personally think it has potential...it's kinda rough, but I've seen much worse!....those fenders though...gotta go! ughhh....Ray:)

vspeedster likes this.
  14. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

The front bumper looks a lot like the center of a 57 chevy rear.

15. purpledodge

purpledodge
    from Tucson

When I was reading the ad I swear I could hear banjo music...

dad-bud and metlmunchr like this.
  16. vspeedster

vspeedster

email from seller:
    the gentel man i bought from had it storage last 50 years said rebuilt many years back and he only started up few times year keep up,new starter ,generator,battery,plugs,wires condencer,hosee misc,gas tank all redone,brakes work good even ebrakes runs out smooth,yes 105 marked on motor,shifts threw geatrs fine,tires look new but wheathered,vinel top has rips in it,have lot of new ,and used parts that could go with dependin on price,,i wanted to make street rod out of it,but too original to do that so tryin sell get what i want,if dont buy jan guess ill decide then,thanks for lookin, let me no if want deal.

Attached Files:

17. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Fair deal, trunk lid?

18. flatford39

flatford39

That's about a $2000.00 car at best. Does it even have a title that matches??? If not your looking at $1,500.00.

19. Just an observation about the interior shot. If it was indeed serial number 105 the gear shift should be to the left of the driver and not in front of the transmission. There are ton of unique features on the early cars (AR cars) but that is a question that should be posted on ford barn. Does he have a title that matches the engine number?

Charlie Stephens

20. He said, he's thinkin of selling it, then says, he's trying to. Guess its for sale.
    Its an OK start for a Hot Rod, and if guess if the OP was looking at restoring it, he would post question on FordBarn.
    Down here, four grand would see it snapped up, but lack of OG fenders, would put me off at that price.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  21. Charlie, are you sure about the shifter on an AR? I believe the emergency brake handle was on the left of the driver but not the shifter.

Mick

22. Mick, You are correct, I was thinking emergency brake handle but typed shifter by mistake.

Charlie Stephens

23. Go see it in person. Then make offer after you see the title and hear it run. It could be fun, trade up later.???

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  24. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

If you want to build a hot rod I would pass on it.. I think you could buy a sedan body and maybe even a coupe or roadster body for that money and have something a little more desirable...

25. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

So the rest of the car and parts are extra ,good reason to go low ball him.

26. Bader2

Bader2

Not ar. Has splash shields for the later brake system. The little bumps in front of rear fenders.

27. Bader2

Bader2

That,combined with the brake handle makes it after ar time.

28. 1pickup

1pickup

wuts rong wit da way heez spelin? Makes me proud to be a cheesehead...

29. Idk, Deek Boling is/has been working on his Sport Coupe for a while, I like what he's done so far. There's potential for a unique build there.

Deek Boling sport coupe.jpg Deek Boling sport coupe 2.png

kiwijeff likes this.
  30. Squablow

Squablow

For a runner, I think it's a pretty decent price. A few weekends spent peeling off those fender and bumper remnants, reverse spring eyes and V8 wheels, plus some kind of trunklid and maybe some speed items for the engine, and you're driving a prewar banger powered soup-job. It's a much better deal if it has a title.

Running stocker A chassis sell for $1500, whoever quoted that as the price on this car is delirious. Show me some comparable running Model A's in this price range, you will find very few.