Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Time to sell the teradrop project

Discussion in '"The Antiquated" Classifieds' started by patrick66, Nov 21, 2015.

1. City: OKC

State: Oklahoma (Boomer!)
    Price: 1,200
    teardrop01.jpg teardrop02.jpg teardrop03.jpg teardrop04.jpg teardrop05.jpg teardrop07.jpg teardrop08.jpg teardrop09.jpg This is a 1946 teardrop project I acquired three years ago as an original roller, and I towed that from southern KS to OKC. However, the wood floor was completely shot, the old frame had issues, and the axle (narrowed and welded '38 Chevy pickup axle) had issues of its own. So, this is what I have.

The NEW frame is boxed steel all the way around, and is 4' x 8'. The tongue is also boxed steel and wraps under the frame. Two-inch coupler with an overkill #8K rating, with safety chains. Axle is a narrowed boat trailer unit with a #3,500 rating. Wheels are 15" x 6" chrome reverse steelies with 205-75R15 Goodyear Viva whitewalls. The wood deck is new marine plywood, painted on both sides. The frame of the teardrop and the outer aluminum covering is from the original 1946 trailer. One door is intact, and I have a pattern for the other one. The frame of the tear is 1x1 angle iron, as are the door openings. The doors themselves are wood-framed. I have a window for the other side.

The trailer has NO brakes, wiring, insulation, or additional parts. This is a blank canvas for the new owner to personalize as he wants. There is NO title for this trailer, but a bill of sale will be provided. Joblessness leaves higher priorities for me than to finish this. Located in OKC, OK, in my enclosed shop. It is 100% up to the BUYER to arrange any and all transportation arrangements - I will not deliver, so do not ask.

Price on this is $1,200. I am NOT interested in trades, with the exception of a set of 17" x 7" wheels with 4-1/2" bolt pattern. PM me here and I can provide more info and pictures. Perfect trailer to compliment nearly any hot rod or cruiser!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  2. I will consider selling the shell separately from the rolling trailer frame, but it would have to sell first! I'd take $350 for the shell and the few parts I have for that. It's 4x8 and will fit in the back of a longbed pickup with the gate up.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  3. Bump on up -You need a great project to compliment your hotrod!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  4. I've got the frame built for the curbside door, and will probably skin it before the end of the month.

5. Another bump. These things are pretty popular! Don't be left out! You need this!

WILL CONSIDER a straight trade for a set of 16" x 7" Torq-Thrusts WITH new tires (or similar lookalike wheel) in a 5-on-4-1/2" BP with 3-1/2" or 4" backspacing.

6. Reduced to $1,000 cash money, no cheaper.

7. I have not had the time to get to this recently, so I'd really like to send to out to a happy new owner! Price is still $1,000 cash money, you pick it up or otherwise arrange transportation for it! I may not have had opportunity to attack this project, but I certainly won't give it away. It's worth every bit of the price.