Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects FORD 226 INTAKE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Randy Bickerdike, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Hello, I'm in the process of building myself a cast iron dual stock carb intake for the Ford 226 flathead. The intake will be based on the NICSON design but not copied because I'm building it from the ground up from a stock intake. The intake will not have the heat riser area. Many will may say build it in aluminum but I have first hand access to a cast iron foundry. My question is: would there be a market to sell some of these hard to find intakes?

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I don't want one. But if you are going to the trouble of making the patterns to make this thing, it would seem best to cast up more than one. I don't know how much extra cost it would be to cast 5 or 10 instead of one. How much is it?

3. Ken Jankowski

Ken Jankowski

Hello,

I would definitely be interested in buying one. What do you think the cost would be, and when do you expect to have one or a couple done. I have a 48 ford and would love to put a dual carb manifold on it. Please let me know. Thanks
    Ken

4. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

If you could bring them in at about 250-275$ I bet you could sell a few!

5. RHunt

RHunt

i would also be very interested

6. I would love to have one except with a Holley 4bbl base for a race car project I'm building:rolleyes:

7. Ken Jankowski

Ken Jankowski

Looks like you have interested parties, so if you could email me when you have some done, it would be appreciated. [email protected]

8. Bryce Bielenberg

Bryce Bielenberg

I am interested in one for my 226 flathead. Please let me know. [email protected] or 563-321-5323

9. Thanks for the interest. The intake is in it's final design stage. Tooling to follow. Should have sample to post very soon. The price should be around $200.

Thanks

10. Ken Jankowski

Ken Jankowski

Can't wait to see it. Will regular stock intake gaskets work with your design or?... Will it be cast iron or aluminum?

11. Ken Jankowski

Ken Jankowski

Where are you located? Do you think you'll have some done in time for Xmas?

12. jbrittonjr

jbrittonjr

I'm interested.

13. Shoeboxed

Shoeboxed

I'm very interested. Please let me know when they are ready for sale.
    [email protected]

14. Thrift-King

Thrift-King

I'm really hoping that drudging this back up will net me an intake manifold.

~TK~