Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest bad seller

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyrods, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

Ok. A month ago I bought a hood top for a 32 ford from Stickshiftkutoms for $200.00 ,a member here on the HAMB. After three phone calls and many emails to see where my hood top was all I got were lies. He told me I just moved and I'll send it out tomorrow, or I feel bad so it's going air mail. I gave up. No hood top, no refund, no nothing. Ya I'm pissed but 300 miles away isn't worth my time. Just to keep others from the same fate. DON"T BY ANYTHING from this low life piece of crap. I'm trying keep this clean but I can get real ugly if need be . STICKSHIFTKUTOMS out of Kentucky He now has a Model'A' body on here for sale . BEWARE

turboroadster likes this.
  2. Did you contact Ryan or Corncobcoupe?

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

4. Deadelvis2000

Deadelvis2000
    from Austin, TX

Shit...a few weeks ago I bought some "a" parts from him. I did it through Paypal so I will dispute it. He had a bunch of stuff for sale so we are not alone.

5. Send the administration a conversation,banning members that rip people off is usually the end result and they won't be able to use the classifieds. HRP

6. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

After reading is profile, I can see retail business/trading is not his strength.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Yeah,and a red flag goes up when all his post except 2 ( introduction) are in the classifieds.

When I see a guy is here to USE the Hamb instead of PARTICIPATE I avoid them like the plague. HRP

8. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

I would have used paypal but he said he was not hooked up with them a money order would be great.

9. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That sucks. Nothing ends a sale for me quicker than a money order.

patmanta likes this.
  10. It's guys like this that make it harder on legitimate/honest sellers. HRP

David Gersic likes this.
  11. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I sold him a model A deck lid last week.. He came up to my place to get it and paid cash.. Seem OK but mine was an in person transaction.. He contacted me through the 'Ford Barn' and had just joined it in late November 2015...

12. I agree, this can damage good sellers , and really has a negative effect. This guy needs booted out of here.

13. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

At this point in time and technology, this should be a red flag coming from someone who is selling online. Granted, Paypal charges a small fee, but what it also does is provide some degree of accountability from a seller.

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

No Paypal, no sale. Strict personal rule for me, since '05...Had one (1) problem with identy fraud, one (1) email to Paypal and an agent called, handled everything.
    I had to visit my bank and sign a document, my $$ were back in that afternoon.
    150+ transactions, and that was the only problem EVER.
    I recommend them. "Safe!"

Baron and patmanta like this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, the dirt bags are everywhere looking for over anxious buyers/sellers

16. stimpy

stimpy

I always deal with Us postal money orders , as they chase fraud claims down ( except overseas) and there not ones to mess with when they are doing a investigation , when I used to haul mail at Christmas , I asked a USPS cop if it was true , and he told me on a average day they take 5-10 people in to custody for mail fraud in the Chicago area , and the people are like its going to be a slap on the wrist till they find out its a Federal Felony and there is no parole , its time served ... and always fill the money order out completely with the info .

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if a person does not use Payscam the next best thing is a Postal Money order. then the post office will go after them when they scam you.

EDIT: looks like great minds think alike ^^^^^

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

...one more thing about postal Money orders is if you are the seller you can cash them at the post office when you ship the item. they will know right there if they are fake, back in my ebay days I was a regular at the post office, once when I was there a lady had a fake $900.00 money order (or two) from a buyer and they caught it before she shipped.

criminals have to be pretty stupid to mess with the post office.

19. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

I do have the postal money order copy, maybe I can get them to do something

belair likes this.
  20. I don't use paypal. Of course I am not selling chit for a living and I have yet to rip anyone off that I know of.

You paid him with a postal money order? You got him by the short hairs, get the postmaster general involved. Mail fraud is really frowned ion in the US and they hammer it hard.

46international and patmanta like this.
  21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Op should offer to pick up..Tell the seller to leave the item outside..bring help the hood could be heavy..

22. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I offer pmt with Postal MO s as a buyer. It is fraud to get paid and not deliver using Postal MOs. I say persue it at the highest level possible. Make him shit big for the rest of his crooked life.

23. I was talking to the local postmaster ( KCMO) and he advised me to always send payment by mail money order or not. Anytime a transaction is made using the US post office you are covered by them in the event of fraud. they don't investigate it themselves any more it is the FBI that takes over.

24. Stickshiftkustoms

Stickshiftkustoms
    from The south

First off I want to tell you guys I have PayPal I offered him to pay that way. he didn't want to do it, everybody else who bought things off of me paid via PayPal so I don't know what atrying to tell you guys but that's not true! Second off I told him nothing would be shipped till the end of November as I was moving, if you check on my other ads it clearly states that. ! I received a really nasty p.m. from him this morning which I quickly responded to and told him I would go up to the Shipper and find out exactly what was going on and get back with him right away Today's the third and it's December I explained to him that you might want to wait another day or two before you go spreading lies. I do not want to deal with people like this, they give us all a bad name !
    And Milo (aka scrapmetal) thanks again for the decklid it was really nice to meet you !

25. Stickshiftkustoms

Stickshiftkustoms
    from The south

Rusty, I understand you're trying to get this project done for your father before Christmas we talked at length thats why I made sure it went out as quickly as I could get to it , but next time before you go pissing up the flagpole, try a little communication. my father always said attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  26. No offense intended I really don't have a dawg in this hunt.

But if you shipped you should have a way for him to track it, even a freight company should allow you that option, maybe you should give him tracking information and then he will know that you indeed have shipped. That should alleviate any problems for both parties.

27. Stickshiftkustoms

Stickshiftkustoms
    from The south

I would've been more than willing to give him the BOL if he would've asked. But he doesn't need to start this stuff

28. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Nothing wrong with goverment issue postal money orders, use them all the time.

29. I am not being mean to you but that one is on you man. At first complaint that very first thing you do is send him proof of shipping. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I prefer them if I don't know you well (not you personally).

30. Stickshiftkustoms

Stickshiftkustoms
    from The south

Ad clearly states end of November, i'm trying to be an ass but I just don't like it when people try to tarnish my name. image.png

millersgarage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.