Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Early '50s Stock Car Racing Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClayMart, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Always enjoy your pictures Claymart and this tread. Keep 'em coming.

2. There's some more pics posted here at the Northeast Indiana Racing Museum website. If you haven't been there already.

http://neindianaracemuseum.webs.com/

Some of the shots posted there are the same ones I've posted here. A friend allowed me to copy a batch of his photos before he donated them to the museum.

Thanks! I'm more than slightly impressed that somewhere "across the pond" these photos have the same appeal as they do here. They're very powerful shots and it's easy to get drawn into them.

I'll be getting more shots loaded up and posted here soon.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  3. A few more gems... :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bigbore1934 likes this.
  4. Hmmmm... This may just about be all for this batch. Have root around on the hard drive and see if I've got any more of these shots stashed away somewhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bigbore1934 likes this.
  5. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

Hope you don't mind I posted these photo's on the Northeastern Indiana Racing Museum's Facebook site at :https://www.facebook.com/NortheasternIndianaRacingMuseum/
    I'm always looking for vintage photo's from The Fort Wayne Speedway, South Anthony Speedway, Baer Field Raceway, and Angola Motorsports Speedway. It's what I do since I'm the Director of the museum.

6. Kevin Allgire

Kevin Allgire
    from Angola,IN.

The Northeastern Indiana Racing Museum's Facebook Site at https://www.facebook.com/NortheasternIndianaRacingMuseum/.
    I'm the director of the museum and I'm always looking for artifacts from Fort Wayne Speedway, South Anthony Speedway, Baer Field Speedway, Angola Speedway, Bryan Raceway, Warsaw Speedway , The track that was at Pleasant Lake,IN. and Columbia City,IN. and South Bend Motor Speedway.

7. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

I love stock car racing ( roundy round to you straight shooters) and the history,historic photos...but God seeing all of those nice old fords busted up like that sort of brings a tear to my eye....and speaking of tears I nearly shed a few also when thinking of now lost speedways.....reading , Nazareth , flemington, Vineland , Syracuse ...

8. road zombi

road zombi

Love it!!! Thats great racing:rolleyes: