Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Over the river and through the woods...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 22, 2015.

1. to Grandmothers house we go.

With Thanksgiving fast approaching for many here in the states how many of you guys are planning on driving your hot rods and customs to a family members home to celebrate.

I know a lot of you are making your annual pilgrimage to Dayton for the Turkey Rod Run also.

Since we are the grandparents my hot rod will probably stay in the garage unless grandma sends me to the grocery store for those list minute items.

I remember vividly driving my Falcon to my Grandparents home for Thanksgiving dinner in 1967.

The girl is ladyhrp. HRP

[​IMG]

2. Here in snow country I will stick with the AWD. But, a few years back I hauled the turkeys out to a place we rented in the Hills in the back of my 54. 40 pounds of smoked bird and that car never smelled better!

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Oh yeah,I love me some smoked Turkeys. HRP

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  4. IMAG0121.jpg Danny : Over the interstate and thru SC & Georgia here we are in Daytona...will crash Thanksgiving dinner at some buffet restaurant...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

5. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DHi HRP.Do you prefer a pipe or a hooka :rolleyes:?To all HAMBERS and their familys.Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hey Turbo, if that tabletop stove dies, it looks like you have backup "heat" parked close.

7. Planning on driving the 34 If it's not raining Hope every one has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

8. Looks like the weather here in South Carolina will be sunny,post a photo of your car. HRP

40fordtudor likes this.
  9. Thanksgiving dinner is at my house but with temps forecast to be in the mid 50's up here in New Hampshire I'll probably try to get the 33 out for one last ride before the snow flies.

10. LOL when I was driving age my grandpa lived with me most of the time and if he didn't I went and got him for the holidays. I do remember the missus going after him one year in her dad's 396 powered '62 C-10. That was before we were dating and to this day I have no idea how she knew him. She dropped him off and split. he told me that I should marry that girl. I wish he had lived to see that happen.

I dearly miss that old man.

Fedman, dana barlow and Sancho like this.
  11. Beeno,I know what you mean,it seems that Brenda knew my granddad before we ever met,her granddad & mine were hunting buddys.

When I took her to Thanksgiving dinner my Granddad commented that Brenda was Roy's granddaughter..HRP

this is a photo of Brenda's grandfather.

[​IMG]

Fedman likes this.
  12. its been a holiday tradition for me to drive one of the old bikes on thanksgiving and christmas. as long as there is no snow on our wisconsin roads. i have the bikes set up with period correct cold weather accesories. its fun to use the old stuff and it works to. a windshield; leg guards; elephant ears for the hands and your good. i can ride all day regardless of how cold it is. its a nice relaxing day. its a good way to think about all the things im thankful for. at the end of the ride i stop by my parents house for dinner.

Fedman likes this.
  13. Hope all of you guys have a great Thanksgiving. HRP

[​IMG]

14. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Thanks for that HRP---we are looking at a 100% chance of rain here in Texass. Let 'er come.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Thanks HRP and wishing you a happy Thanksgiving...Staying home this year and get something done on the 3 window.....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. I will be driving the 51 to Mom and Dads with my boys. Its a grueling trip, a whole 8 Miles......

20150426_155123 (1).jpg

HOTRODPRIMER and WillyKJr like this.
  17. Better top the tank off before you make that long trek. :D HRP

18. Ha! Gas gauge is the only one that works!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Ill make sure my boys use the new facilities out back....

Attached Files:

20. Danny ( @HOTRODPRIMER ) have a happy thanksgiving? You bet your ass buddy, I am spending it with the prettiest girl in the school, I expect that you are doing the same. Damned good thing we went to different schools.

All the best to you and yours my friend. ;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Absolutely beautiful day here in Ohio. Not many thanksgivings we get to take the old car out like this. So much here in the good olé USA to be thankful. May you all enjoy your day and especially your family.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Only missed one Thanksgiving kind of,many years back I went to buy a boat from Miami Fl. all the way up to New Port Vt.,the plan was to be back by Thanksgiving,but the trailer axles broke an my son an I had to put new axles under the trailer in the snow{ Florida OJ blood dose not work well up there at that time. But we did eat really well at a Flying J,truck stop,the used boat was just like going for that old car that only comes up at $ you can aford one time. It was one I had wanted for a long time,I fix the old gal up later an won a lot of sailboat races too with it. Hope all have a super good Thanksgiving!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

Hadn't had the j out in awhile off to wife's grandpas house. Happy Thanksgiving to all its a ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1448554222.731882.jpg beautiful day here in middle Tennessee

24. Thank you Beeno. HRP

25. I haven't driven the wagon lately so when Brenda told me I need to make a run to the grocery store to get something she forgot I was out the door,felt good to drive the the wagon and got several thumbs up and had a old fart (older than me) strike up a conversation as I was getting ready to leave the parking lot,he pointed out that he too was driving a old car parked several rows over...

Turns out he was driving a nice original Model A sedan. HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  26. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Gobble Gobble from South Dakota!!!!!!!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Drove my 66 F100 to my moms house which was a whole two blocks away.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. Oct 23 pic 7.jpg Oct 23 pic 9.jpg

Had to transport too much food stuff to the in-law's house to take the '34 Coupe on Thanksgiving (plus took my leaf blower and string trimmer to clean up their yard). It's supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny today (Black Friday), so the plan is to take the OT '70 big-block Corvette out for a ride. The weather forecast calls for cooler temps and rain for the next 5 days, so today might be the last good day for quite a while!

Jim

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I have some good memories of driving the 46 to my parents for thanksgiving weekend. Threw the woods and along the river cutting across fields. Good times :)

Your really took his advice to heart ya married her twice just to make sure it stuck! ;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. No old car for me (winterized already) but we actually do cross a river, and go through some woods on the way to my folks house. I couldn't believe my eyes as we came upon this sight yesterday...
    image.jpeg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.