Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rocket Injector Wheels Fitment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisn706, Nov 23, 2015.

1. travisn706

travisn706
    from Georgia

I'm getting ready to purchase a set of Rocket Injector Polished Wheels for my truck, the web site says there may be a fitment issue with disc brakes in the front. The front wheels will be 15x4.5 with a 2.25 inch backspace. I have standard 9 1/4 inch mustang II rotors . My question is has anyone else purchased these wheels and did they have a issue. It seems a lot of the pictures I have seen with these wheels are the 15x10 injector in the rear with Rocket Launcher (gasser) wheels in the front. Any help would be appreciated, The tires and wheel package is going to run me a little over 2000.00, Thanks again in advance.

2. Call them and see if they have fitment evidence for you particular caliper. Seems to me that the MII is pretty unobtrusive. I have ab ECI big brake MII kit and had to run a 1/4" spacer to clear some 14" Halibrand Sprints. Haven't found a 15" wheel that was a problem including Halibrand 15x4.5's.

3. travisn706

travisn706
    from Georgia

Thank You very much.

4. If thee is a fitment issue you will probably just have to space them out to clear the caliper, they should clear your rotor just fine. I run 11" rotors in 15" wheels.

5. travisn706

travisn706
    from Georgia

I checked everything again tonight, I am going to go ahead and purchase the tires.

6. A tape measure and straight edge should be all you need

**Fitment Note**
    - The Injector was designed to be used on traditional hot rods and muscle cars with drum brakes. Due to the soft lip design of the Injector, disc brake fitments can be a concern. The reverse-mount nature of a soft lip wheel moves the drop center to the rear of the wheel which decreases rotational clearance. The rotational clearance of the Injector is 6.35" from hub center to the drop center of the wheel. Please be sure to double check your disc brake clearance before ordering. See our measurement guides under the customer service page for more information on how to measure brake clearance.

image.jpg

What does that look like in 15x4.5
    It has got to be much different than the pictures of 15x 10"

7. travisn706

travisn706
    from Georgia

I grabbed a straight edge and measured and I should have 1/2 inch clearance. The wheels do look the same as the 15x10 but not as deep. Thanks everyone for the replies, I was nervous because I wouldn't be able to take them back.

8. Impossible,
    if this wheel isn't as deep it can't look the same in 4.5 being nearly flat as it does in 8-10"

image.jpg

roundvalley likes this.