Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help me I.d. these rear fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Nov 22, 2015.

1. olskool34

olskool34

hey guys, I want to sell these rear fenders but I am having a hard time telling what they are. A few guys have guessed but they were not right. There are 8 mounting holes, they are approximately 12 inches wide. The have a rolled lip all the way around the outside. No provisions for a brace anywhere and only have two holes for the running board mount. Anybody know what they are?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

wonder if they're off an old commercial body, like a fire truck or tow truck? they're so symmetrical, and bolt to a flat panel, is my thinking.

volvobrynk and Hnstray like this.
  3. olskool34

olskool34

I have no idea, you might be right. I hope though that somebody here pinpoint them.

4. olskool34

olskool34

Anybody got any ideas?

5. studeynut

studeynut

Willys is my first thought.

choptop4 likes this.
  6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

The wheel openings look too big to be off a car. Commercial or big truck would be my guess to.

7. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

I'm thinking Willys too , what do you want for them ?

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think Willys is the winning answer (shagged from a google image search):
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. rubberchicken

rubberchicken
    from detroit

How much? 313 999 6901

10. Grab a tape measure and give us some specs. That would help with the I.D.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. This has a DODGE bed on it. I know the owner

volvobrynk and Hnstray like this.
  12. alchemy

alchemy

Willys beds were the same as some other company's beds. Could be Dodge, but I don't remember. Probably made by a vendor who just used the same stampings as another of their clients. I read this in a repro bed manufacturer's literature.

13. 1941 WILLYS bed nothing like the one on Lonnie's blue truck above, Dodge has reveals in the sides . I also did a quick google search and had a hard time finding real WILLYS pickup beds with a good side pic.
    1 41 pick up.jpg

14. squirrel

squirrel

is this a real willys bed? or fender at least?
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

International ?

16. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

["302GMC"]International ?[/QUOTE]

This was going to be my guess too.

17. oldolds

oldolds

They could be Willys truck. The Dodge fenders were also used on gasser Willys trucks to cover the big tires. They are a bit wider and very close in looks.

18. verde742

verde742

19. olskool34

olskool34

They are not international, had a guy come and look and he brought an international fender, they were a lot larger than mine. They are also not dodge, my dad has a 50 and they do not match. I was thinking Willys but it is hard to find pics of Willys rear fenders.

20. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Dodge also has a reveal at the running board/step, yours do not. The Willy's also appears to have an abbreviated running board area, hence only 2 bolt holes on yours.

21. olskool34

olskool34

Got some more measurements. The wheel opening measured at the bottom is approx. 28.5, they are about 42 inches long and measuring from the ground to the top of the wheel opening is 15.5

22. olskool34

olskool34

Bump for the late night crew, I am not looking to make a fortune on these but really would like to know what I am selling. I think the pair is worth 300 but I hate selling things that I have no idea what they fit. Closest to me is Willys but some I have seen say no although I think they would look good on one.

23. olskool 34
    Not sure what they are either, but they look more like Dodge fenders. They are definitely not Willys...I had a pick up with stock fenders and my good buddy has a '41 now...Willys fenders are smaller. Below is a picture of a '41 stocker, and Willys had the same bed and fenders from 37-42 (although the splash panels were a bit different between years.)
    I had always heard however, that late '40's, early '50's Dodge pickup fenders would work, and allow for a bigger tire without tubbing the box. They look to be in good shape and $300 is a fair price by today's standards...hate to say it, but I didn't pay much more than that for the whole truck in the early '80's. g-willys

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.