Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Henry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MilvertonFF41, Nov 10, 2015.

1. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Hey Everyone,

My Fiance and I bought a 64 F100 this past summer for our Wedding next June. Started into the project last Friday and seem to be making some head way on it. I hope to keep this thread update with photos of my progress or the challenges we run into. Eventually it will be back to the original Bengal Tan & will have the Traditional Hot Rod look!

Thanks for Following Along!

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  2. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Making some progress in the last three nights.

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  3. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

The new power plant for Henry, 306 SBF

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Look like a great start, Welcome! Gary

Claynan likes this.

5. belair

belair

I like those trucks.

6. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'm looking at doing a 63 Unibody - I'll be watching this one for tips

7. So, this is actually a wedding gift to each other?????

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

HAHA its something like that! We both wanted to get a "project" but we were going to wait. Of course we found this and there went waiting!

9. So the Y block doesn't run or?????

Looks like fun to me, I like those old F trucks.

10. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

The old 292 is still running just really tired and misused over the years. I already have some ideas for the old Y Block....32 Coupe? Dragster? Of course after a proper rebuild. See how my better half feels about it all at the end of this project.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Looks like a good start. I've got a 347 and a crown vic front in my 61.

12. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Have too many issues with the exhaust?

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  13. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

No issues at all. BBK shorty fox body mustang headers and duals straight back. I dont think I could get much of a H pipe to work. so duals it is.

14. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

The wiring on this truck is terrible! Pulling it all out not and putting a new aftermarket wiring harness in.

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  15. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Pulled the engine & transmission Saturday afternoon. Overall it went well. Just starting to clean the frame, firewall and redo the front end with new brakes, shocks and bushings.

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

My truck was every bit as bad in electrical. Every previous owner put their touch into it. By the time I got it there wasn't a fuse in it at all! I tore it all out and put in a rebel wire kit.

17. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

How was it to put the new harness in? I am not a fan of wiring was getting to get my mechanic to do. This way I know its done correctly & right. I forgot to ask, what transmission did you run behind your 347? I have a Lentech AOD for mine and need to plan for the cross-member.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  18. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

The rebel wire was not bad to install. did a section at a time, took about 3 days going slow. id do it again.

i have a custom AOD, local shop rebuilt it for me using 470w planetary gears. police servos and a wide overdrive band from something (i dont know transmissions at all, just told him i wanted it done and do what he felt was right) I love it now, firm shifts, but not too hard. 5 mph, put it to the floor and blow the tires off.

19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

my cross member is a fox body mustang item. just built some tabs for it to mount to. fairly easy

20. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Have been scraping away at the old undercoating and have the frame down to the metal. Did the firewall as well and you can see the Original Bengal Tan. Eventually the truck will be returned to this colour.

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  21. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Nice project and you're doing it right. That undercoat is a bitch! I put over 30 hours into stripping my inner fenders alone! Your truck looks like my truck's brother!

22. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Finally got back to working on the truck. Pulled the font suspension as well as the rear axle. Working on getting some prices for new springs and rear end. Little more work on the frame before I can finally paint it and the firewall.

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  23. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Add a Crown Vic front now ! And Spring under rear , and don't look back !

24. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Made a little more progress on the truck this past weekend. Finally got the rear end disassembled and ready for a new posi traction assembly. Pulled the glass from it and clean the nasty silicone/rubber off. Found a couple spots that were just filled in with bondo which I will have to correct. Also found a lovely soup can in the defrost, seems the old defrost duct rotted and they thought this was a great fix.

Attached Files:

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  25. You didn't say how old you guys are. But this is a great way to start a marriage and a life together! My wife and I married 40 years now, took my Vette to Daytona beach on our honey moon. I Still have both, so never sell that pickup it will get more priceless as the years go buy. We drove the speedway and she filmed it. Old cars and {pickups} are for making memories .You got a great start on both. Keep us posted and THANKS for sharing your build with us.

26. Go with the crown vic front and rear get that tank out of the cab

27. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

Thank Ron! I am 29 and she just turn 28, still fairly young but hope to make many memories with this truck. We both come from Car Families. Her dad is a serious collector and mine was as well. I lost my dad in 2006 but carry on the Car hobby in our Family and still enjoy some of his vehicles to this day.

28. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

I'd like to Crown Vic front but at this time we are going to keep it with the old fashion front end. Just getting it road worthy for our Wedding in June. In the next couple years "Henry" will receive further upgrades.

29. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

If you are thinking of the CV front as a future item, do it now. Don't waste money rebuilding the steering box and king pins and such, for the cost of doing that you'll pay for at least half of the vic swap. Also, its super easy, you've got the old stuff off now, that's the hardest part.

I'd like to get my tank out of the cab, but haven't found a place to put it. I don't really like the mustang tank between the rear frame rails. It droops below the rails quite a ways, and I feel I'm more likely to be hit in the rear than the side

droppedstepside likes this.
  30. MilvertonFF41

MilvertonFF41

We finally go the frame painted this weekend. A lot more scrapping and cleaning than I originally thought.

Attached Files: