Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How to assemble BLC 904-A lights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28A, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hey fellas, trying to work out how these BLC lights I've got and can't work out whether I'm missing a retaining ring or what. All I've got is a bucket, a trim ring, a lamp and a spring clip thing.

The headlight ring has a clip in it but the lamp just falls inside it. There is no provision that I can see for a retaining ring like my guide 682-C have so I'm a bit stumped.

Will attach a few pictures of what I've got. Any help is appreciated. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371257793.705639.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371257845.048525.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. For some reason the other pic didn't load. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371257902.998034.jpg

3. F&J

F&J

I have model J, I think. There is a retaining ring that holds the sealed beam into the bucket with 3 screws. Your bucket does not have the screw holes.

Yours reminds me of VW bug, pre 1967, that had glass lenses that were held into the outer ring with a bunch of wire clips.

Have a VW bug guru look at it, as the VW clips might fit it

4. That's what it would appear, I just need to figure out how the clip holds it in I guess. It just seemed strange because every BLC bucket I've seen has the same bucket front as the guides with the retaining ring screwed to it.

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

6. I have seen that before, it doesn't help. I think i have it worked out but it looks like there is something still missing, it would appear that one headlight has two clips along with the one on the ring, the other then is missing both.

There is still a small gap at the bottom of the lamp, between the lamp and the headlight ring.

7. Roadrash91

Roadrash91
    from desert

I know this is an old post but I have these headlights and it seems that I'm missing a retainer piece that goes around the marker light. Their is a groove around the glass and I was wondering if anyone has a picture of what it looks like?