Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***Enter the 2016 Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAZIN CAIN, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" 2015 Pick

On December 15th 2009 we lost our son Shelby to Suicide...Shelby was a Mechanical Engineering Major at U of L JB Speed School,Engine Builder,General Customizer an very passionate about Drag Racing and Hot Rodding.For the last 4 1/2 years we have been spreading our message of Suicide Awareness thru the Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup and awarding picks at local rod runs,Traditional Style Events,NSRA & Goodguy's Events.With each pick they receive our V8 award made here at our shop a Roundup window sticker an Tshirt designed by Ger Peters AKA Dutch Courage here on the HAMB of your car along with other goodies in hopes of creating partners in the Hot Rod Community,by them spreading our message of Mental Health,Depression & Suicide Awareness.
    After talking to Ryan we have decided for a forth year HAMB 2015 pick...it's free an we invite everyone to participate.Here is how we plan to make the pick an what all our HAMBERS need to do:

You can start submitting on November 15th all entries will run till December 15th at that time we will pick four finalist and out of those four they will be voted on by all of you here on the HAMB.

The votes will be totaled and our HAMB Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup pick will be announced on Jan 1st 2016

The three runner ups will receive a Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup T-shirt and window decal.

Just post in this thread picks of your car at least four including engine an interior,all cars in all forms of driveability are accepted.

Thru out this time I will post more info on what all we do along with other things we do with the award winner.Thanks so much guys we are Hot Rodders just giving back to the community that we love,an Shelby had such a passion for.Good Luck!!!!

crazypainter and fortypickup like this.
  2. Our HAMB Roundup Pick will be presented this V8 award made here in our shop... image.jpeg

3. Count me in I lost my two best friends to suicide. Thank you for what you are doing and I am truly sorry for your loss..... Jim

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  4. Mark has taken a devastating event that affected his and hundreds of other family's and has dedicated his life to the education & prevention of suicide.

His Shelby award is about as cool as it gets,We were fortunate enough to receive one in Pigeon Forge a couple of years ago for our wagon.

[​IMG]

Please post photo's of your car or truck here. HRP

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    RAZIN CAIN likes this.

5. Sorry for your loss Jim,I Pray that the past 3 years and years to follow here on the HAMB help to educate and relieve a terrible stigma

6. My Brother Danny hope your Well my friend

7. 23buckethead

23buckethead
    from Kokomo,in

I was honored to be chosen at this years Road Rocket Rumble.
    Thanks again Mark. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1447487469.036585.jpg

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  8. Here is my 56 Dodge pickup. Thank you for all you are doing to bring attention to this serious issue and I am truly sorry for your loss. IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2322.JPG IMG_20140714_170230.jpg IMG_2379.JPG Here is another shot of the motor with the old air cleaner I wish I could find one with the new air cleaner that is pictured above from this angle Jim
    IMG_1954.JPG

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    oldsjoe, pdc, hipster and 1 other person like this.
  9. Thanks for posting 56 Dodge Pickup great way to kick off the HAMB Roundup

10. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Sorry for Your Loss

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  11. A Great Cause that I was fortunate to have been involved with last year. I no longer have that 32 so I am going to enter my 32 Roadster that I built a few years back & hope to always have. Here it is! Yes I drive it. And I am working on another Coupe! Thanks Mark for your strength! You are an inspiration to me and many others.
    002.JPG
    KENT2015 005.JPG BRIDGEWATER SHOW 2015 068.JPG ROADSTER 002.JPG ROADSTER 013.JPG ROADSTER 011.JPG ROADSTER 004.JPG

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    oldsjoe, pdc, RAZIN CAIN and 2 others like this.
  12. How cool is this from last year? Thanks Again!
    ShelbyWay 002.JPG ShelbyWay 003.JPG

oldsjoe and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  13. Mark,I'm posting these photo's for my pal 3WJohn,he's not to good at posting photo's but his T tub is a survivor that he built when he was 16 years old and still has it to this day.

The car was built in 1963. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oldsjoe, pdc, RAZIN CAIN and 3 others like this.
  14. DSCF4592.JPG dads car he built in '57 and was in a few magazines in the early sixties. 12470788863_d98ac7f6b4_c.jpg 12470811343_6815961f41_c.jpg 12470811353_938c5a6fd1_c.jpg DSCF4289.JPG DSCF4406.JPG DSCF4201.JPG DSCF4411.JPG we finished restoring it together this summer.

oldsjoe, Paul B, PBRmeASAP and 6 others like this.
  15. Mark,you could sent your old buddy,ol pal one of those spare T-Shirts.:D HRP

[​IMG]

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  16. RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  17. Danny,Not sure if I have any left in size humongous :eek:

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  18. Thanks for posting the roadster.This design of your coupe last years HAMB pick came out so good.Ger Peters aka "dutchcourage" here on the HAMB designed the T-shirt

ct1932ford and tb33anda3rd like this.
  19. Thanks for posting Danny this is a sweet ride,our 2015 HAMB Roundup is off to a great start

hipster likes this.
  20. Danny I have plenty what was your size Ole Pal...

21. Thanks

22. Mark,It is my pleasure to post the Roadster. Last years design could not have been better. Ger Peters is an amazing talent. This year I am rooting for tb33anda3rd. I rode in that 33 Chev 54 years ago. When his Dad built it. Ted did an great job on the restoration. Thanks for doing the Roundup! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. MarkB

pdc and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  23. pdc

pdc

Ok, haven't been on here in a long time. I knew it was getting close to RAZIN CAIN's HOT ROD Round Up! As usual I'm gonna stripe a panel. Already in works, if the dang paint doesn't wrinkle. I'll get pictures up. Mark, thanks for all the hard work that you do!

hipster and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  24. Thanks Paul for supporting the HAMB Roundup each year

25. pdc

pdc

The pleasure is all mine!

26. pdc

pdc

Come on folks! I know there are a ton of Hot Rods on here. Or are y'all just chicken to compete with what's already here!? Competition is already tough!

27. Post up gentlemen

28. I agree this a Great cause lets support this!!

pdc and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  29. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

My 40 pickup
    100_5119.jpg

oldsjoe, RAZIN CAIN and pdc like this.