Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Where to find flange mount U joint yoke for older Dodge rearends?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Budget36, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Budget36

Budget36

2. Budget36

Budget36

Thanks, but I'm looking to find the part that holds the U-Joint, I assume?, it's would look like a rear end Yoke, but just bolt to the flange instead of over the pinion and nutted down.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Some time ago, here on the HAMB, someone asked the same question. As I recall, there is/was a Spicer part that is flanged and has the conventional u-joint yoke. The reply post even provided the Dana/Spicer part number. And, no, I am NOT confusing that part with similar part used on late Ford axles for the same purpose. :D

You may be able to find a Dana online catalog or call a driveline shop that would have access to the info.

Edit: short messages have a posting time advantage over verbosity :(

Ray

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    J. A. Miller likes this.
  4. Budget36

Budget36

Thanks Gents, the hunt it on...

5. 73RR

73RR

Check with the crew over at www.p15-d24.com
    ...seems like that question has popped up over there as well.

6. 27troadster

27troadster

I had new drive line made for my '34 Ply at a drive shaft shop in Tacoma, WA about 7 years ago and they matched it up to a new part that has a 4 bolt flange and accepts modern U-Joints. The guy at the shop didn't know anything about old cars, but recognized the flanges I was asking for immediately. Then measured the flange and pulled a pair off the shelf. (I'm running '34 Ply trans as well)

The guy there said there are only 2 sizes that have been in common use over the years and they are still used today (Toyota, Landcruiser, I don't remember exactly but something like that) Anyways, what I thought was going to be a long search ended up being super simple.

Kipp

7. Budget36

Budget36

Good info again, gents, thanks so much!