Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Frame horn ideas

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by stray bomb too, Nov 16, 2015.

1. looking for ideas/pictures of frame horn ideas for a early '60s inspired rod.... 684.JPG

2. Mach5customs

Mach5customs

I don't have any horn ideas but do you have any other pics of the build?

3. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Repop Model A frame horns are available and have a nice curve. should fit with minor work.

4. Weld on front frame horns are available. HRP

HERE

[​IMG]

5. Thanks Model A Gomez and HOTRODPRIMER I've seen those repop horns and I might go that route but kinda wanting something different. tb33anda3rd, I probably will have some kind of nerfs front and rear, or push bar rear. I don't mind odd if it looks good in a '63 show car Weesner drawing kind of way. I've seen rectangular turn signal lights frenched into the rails but sort of too 70s van looking? Haven't sorted front signals yet. Might just do a simple curve like the top of the diamond T grill. I really haven't seen too many pictures of custom frame horns. It's a hand made frame my buddy Shaun whipped up, if it was an A frame or '32 I'd just leave it but its under a shortened, chopped, channeled '29 Chev sedan body. So I feel like I can break the rules a bit. And Mach5customs, in the earlier stages of the build , I had an old flip phone so pics are crap! Also, feeling like I don't want to share until it's a little further along. And finally, those discs are gone! just found some drums I think will look way better. Show me your horns!

6. Going to CNC 4 horn sides , weld and smooth , leave them open... Got the idea from a CARtoons comic.

deadbeat likes this.