Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ^^^^engine opinions needed^^^^

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jacob Goodin, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Jacob Goodin

Jacob Goodin
    from Cincinnati

Hello my names Jacob Goodin and I'm needing some advice. I'm wanting to know if it would be worth my time to rebuild a 365 Cadillac engine? I'm building a 56 Cadillac for myself and I have no need for it. I pulled it out and stuck a 454 big block in mine :) me being so young (17) I'm not sure if it would be with my time to rebuild the 365. I know there's probably guys out there that might want one but would it be worth finding that right guy? And if I should what kind of money are we looking at for selling it? Let me know your opinion please, my mom keeps yelling at me to get rid of it lol Thanks -Jacob

2. If it's a boat anchor give it away,it will cost a bundle to build. HRP

Jacob Goodin likes this.
  3. sell it as is, let the next guy build it the way he wants.

4. squirrel

squirrel

They're worth some money to a few guys, but finding them might be difficult. You're probably better off trying to sell the engine as is. If it turns freely, and better yet if it runs good, then it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who wants it.

Jacob Goodin and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Jacob........I just viewed your profile page........trying to figure out where you are located. But I am puzzled by your post in which you indicate you are 17........yet your Profile says you are 25, born in 1990.

Whatever the case on that, I completely agree that the Caddy engine should be sold as is for a price commensurate with it's condition. To overhaul/rebuild it first is almost certain to incur a significant loss, not to mention the time involved.

Ray

Jacob Goodin likes this.
  6. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

And all of his post have been wanted or for sale posts.
    KK

Jacob Goodin likes this.
  7. Jacob Goodin

Jacob Goodin
    from Cincinnati

Ray,

Thanks for your response. To answer your first part, I am only 17. In order to make an account you had to be over 18 when i registered lol Anyways, I am thinking i'm just going to sell it. It turns over but i don't want to mess with it then. How much should i think about selling it for?

8. squirrel

squirrel

you gotta post pictures before you ask how much to sell something for...it's an unwritten rule.

Hnstray and Jacob Goodin like this.
  9. pdq67

pdq67

For my information too here is the only reason I speak up..

Does Hemmings sell engines in their want-ads??

He might look there for a price or two IF they do??

But right, sell it as is and be up front about it's condition.

I am sure there is someone out there looking for a good cad engine it's just that you two need to get together.

pdq67

10. You will never get your money back if you pay to have it rebuild. If you do it yourself to save money no one will buy it as a "rebuilt engine". Sell it as a core and move on.