Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Kustoms blues? I need to see some kustoms....

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by straykatkustoms, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Where is this today? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1447551862.165792.jpg

straykatkustoms likes this.
  2. 'Mo

'Mo

3. Wow, thanks

4. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Not sure where that one is , but I have one of his here in north east Pa. IMG_20141025_0011_NEW.jpg

straykatkustoms and MannyK like this.
  5. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Both cars have attitude. I love the front end. Great look.

6. uncleo

uncleo

7. uncleo

uncleo

Hey Mercman4life....if you can will you send me your e-mail address....have some questions about this car.
    [email protected]

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Is that just a bondo sculpture?

11. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Nope! Here is a side shot of the car. This is one fun car to drive around. IMG_20141114_0002_NEW.jpg

12. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Sam Guendron 1984-1985 image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Sum54ford, Sancho and drdave like this.
  13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Good morning. I'm sure some of you have seen this car as it has never strayed very far from Enid OK. I first saw the car when I was in high school probably '66-'67. Owned by Lester Dierksen and shown and raced around the area for several years. My friend Ed Poage has owned it for years. This is the same paint from back in the '60's and last time I remember hearing it still had less than 50K on the odometer. 409 / 4speed. Green tuck and roll interior.
    Ed drove it by the shop the other day so I snapped a couple pics to share.

OG lil E, drdave, Moriarity and 2 others like this.
  14. I remember seeing this El Camino at the 2000 Leadsled Spectacular in Wichita. Could tell it was a survivor, and even though the paint was ancient, it still had a cool glow. Nice ride! E

15. I did not remember seeing it at the Wichita Spectacular but did find the carnut.com photos of it there. It is cool!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

That's Ed the current owner leaning against the fender.

Sancho likes this.
  17. Pretty cool to know the story behind it. Thanks for sharing it George! I went and looked and I took a pic of it, too at the 2000 Spectacular.

Sancho likes this.
  18. Wow, that's crazy, Doc. It seems that a lot of us were at that show (you, Sancho, stanlow69 and others), but none of us knew each other in person. Only through the conversations we've had on the HAMB.

If we all go to another Spectacular or another similar show, we all have to sit down together with a cold drink and talk customs. I'm sure it would be time well spent! E

drdave likes this.
  19. I did finally get the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Dave at the Starliner this last summer. His new Chevy sure is a beaut!

I agree with OG lil E, it would be nice to get together and talk customs.

OG lil E and drdave like this.
  20. I am slowly collecting face to face meetings of folks I have talked to online for years. What a treat it is to meet each one. :)

As funny as it is that many of us have been at some of the same shows at the same time and never crossed paths, going through old pics a while back, I found one I took at Ft Smith and there standing behind the car I was photographing was Mickey Bryan looking right at me. We didn't meet for 20 years or so after that pic was taken. Lol

Sancho, OG lil E and gonmad like this.
  21. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I didn`t make it to Wichita, but I`ve been to every event in Salina And many more before that. Say hi the next time you see me. --Jim Stanley 69 Chevy Caprice from southwestern Iowa.

Sancho and OG lil E like this.
  22. Wow, I could have sworn I saw your car at the 20th in Wichita.

I will do that, Jim. I've oogled and ahhh'd your Caprice at every show I've seen it at. It is one of the cars I always look forward to seeing and I check it out every time. To me, it's custom and lowrider all rolled into one. I especially like the stealthy way your hydros are neatly tucked in the trunk, the Buick grille and the '57 Caddy caps. Orale! E

gonmad and Sancho like this.
  23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. Rusk, nice shots of fine customs! Got any more?

25. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the comments. I went on a family vacation to Minnesota in 79 which included the Street Rod Nationals. I was 10 at the time. Saw Lee Pratts 41 Buick with Hydraulics, I think that's what inspired me to put them on my car when I was 17. That was 29 years ago. I changed it from wires to wide whites and Caddy caps 20 years ago when I had it painted. Imagine that. A sea of street rods, and a custom car is my favorite.

straykatkustoms, Sancho and OG lil E like this.
  26. Greasy59

Greasy59

Mild Custom I've seen nearly every day for the past 17 years.

Attached Files:

27. Nice! Rarely see '59 Galaxie customs. When I was a kid our good family friend had one. I always thought the back end looked like an owl, so I always called her's the "owl car". E

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Sancho likes this.
  28. Keeping this one going. All the recent talk of Wichita area shows made me want to find some from the Merc/Deuce Reunion there in 1984. These shots are from carnut.com. I was there but was still just a kid dreaming about customs......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. gonmad

gonmad

Why's all them hoods up Mick?!? LoL! :p