Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Roadster Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cully33, Jun 28, 2013.

1. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Cully: Sorry for loss of job. Pad looks good, Going to Be just rite size. God luck on finding new Job.

2. Hey Cully, that's rough about losing your job, obviously they don't consider loyalty and service to the company a desirable quality, hope you find something else soon.

3. Thanks for your concerns guys, I don,t blame the company I was working for one bit, they have been very good to me over the years and hope to get me back if they can secure a new contract. It,s just that our last contract came to an end just after the oil industry collapsed, the entire crew was layied off not just me, there have been 10s of thousands layied off world wide in the industry and rigs stacked all around the globe. But I will be fine, I will push shopping trolleys if that is what it takes to stay afloat.

dad-bud, FlatJan and 509garyd like this.
  4. Cully, it's probably easier to get back on the rigs than pushing trolleys, don't know what it's like at Mandurah Forum, but around here it seems as if there is a monopoly on trolley collection, you would need to be of the middle eastern persuasion to even be considered. You heading up to Yanchep tomorrow ?

5. Monty, I here what you are saying about the trolley job, the point is I would do any job to stay afloat, hopefully my old company will secure a new contract, not heading up to Yanchep have the family down.

Cully

6. Cully,
    This will be my 2000 post on the HAMB and I can't think of anyone I would rather talk to than you.
    Hang in there and something good will come around for you. I am sure of that as good working people are hard to find in the world these days. If you need anything from the USA, just let me know.
    Take care mate.

cully33 likes this.
  7. I'm hearing ya, it's almost 12 months since I retired from my second job, stacking shelves at the local supermarket. I worked 3 x 4 hour shifts from 8pm to 12am. The pay was crap and the work mind numbingly boring, but it helped until my wife started working again after the birth of my third child. Have a nice day with your family.

cully33 likes this.
  8. Thanks Dennis, it's great to have you as truly good friend.
    Cully

9. Monty, I here where you are coming from, I have been there and done the same in the past and if I need to will do it again.

10. LKR

LKR
    from Australia

Awesome build mate I hope everything works out for you and you can get back into it again soon. Great to see more Aussies on here would be great to start seeing these traditional builds on the road

11. Nobey

Nobey

Really sorry to hear of your job loss Cully, I had a similar experience in 1980 with AT&T.
    Went on to open my own shop, the whole thing turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
    You have a lot of talent and ambition to offer the world, hang in there man......

12. Thanks I hope to be able to get back into the build soon as well.

13. Thanks Richard, I am sure things will work out in the end, your story gives me some inspiration.
    Cully

14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Cully: Hang in there. In the early 80's the US economy turned down and I was a farmer. Land values went upside down and interest neared 20%. I was forced to quit. When looking around at the job opportunities in the area I decided that I could make as much money working in the shop as traveling 60 miles a day for an hourly job. I was already building cars for myself and decided Cornhusker Rod And Custom could stand on it's own. Almost 35 years later I have no regrets. I'm now 70 and semi retired but still doing chassis and selling parts. I had to wait until last year to build a new house and shop but it was worth the wait. The sun will shine again soon. Good luck. Gary at Cornhusker

fnjunk, waxhead and cully33 like this.
  15. the vonstripers

the vonstripers
    from france

Hi,
    Do you have picts of the the internal V gear set up of the dual wico mag mount, thanks

16. Hi sorry, I did not take any pics of the V Drive in bits, but it is a very simple set up 3 splined gears with roller bearings all the same and a splined drive shaft.

17. Cully33 your work are so f...... awesome

cully33 likes this.
  18. Well it has been about 18 months since I have done an update on the Roadster, no build update as yet but I have just brought it back home to the new shed today, after it has been in storage around one of my mate's for all this time. I still need to do a fair bit of work on the new shed before I start work back on the Roadster but it is getting there.

DSCF4379.JPG DSCF4381.JPG

19. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Cool pic, some nice toys in that shed.

cully33 likes this.
  20. Brom

Brom

Love the 32 buddy. Love your work as well. I will follow your progress.

cully33 likes this.
  21. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

SHED?, That's a airplane hanger. Congrats. Cully

22. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Wow.....going to take a while to fill that shed

cully33 likes this.
  23. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

cully33 likes this.
  24. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Nice "shed" !!!! Love to have that in MY backyard.

cully33 likes this.
  25. Thanks Guys, has been a long hard struggle to get it this far but it is getting there.

26. Yonnee

Yonnee
    from Australia

Cully.
    I have been a long time lurker on this forum, and this is only my second post, but having spent the last 24 hours off and on reading the entire 14 pages of this thread, I felt I had to make comment and what better than a fellow Aussie's build thread!
    FOUTYDLX called this "an airplane hanger", but I reckon most aircraft hangers would be smaller than your shed!!
    Hopefully by now, you've been able to secure another form of employment so that we can all continue to watch the build of your gorgeous Roadster (I am not a Ford man, GMH & GM for me, but I do appreciate a nicely built ride no matter what the make).
    I love the amount of detail you're going into, particularly the details and problem solving aspects that you're taking photos of to show us.
    Looking forward to the next update, whether it be Roadster or Shed.
    Yonnee.

cully33 and greaser like this.
  27. Looks Great!:cool:

cully33 likes this.
  28. Looking good Cully, I love it when a plan comes together !

cully33 likes this.
  29. Cully,
    The new shed is KILLER....Sure glad you don't have to worry about heating it as it would really run a gas meter trying. Looks like you have room to start your own shop to build some hot rods for others. Are you still think about this?
    Took the new 3 window and drove it out to LA along with some of the Bones Boys. The wife went along also. We had a blast and the car worked great for the complete trip out and back.
    Looking like we will be having Bonneville this year so I am getting ready to make the trip out in the new ride come August. Got my room at the Nuggett.....
    Take care mate, Dennis

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Updates ? On the employment? And the shop etc.?
    I love how big the shed (shop ) is.