Register now to get rid of these ads!

New ebay threat-pay attention!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Feb 21, 2006.

1. I don't want to start a hellstorm here but a new thing is happening to ebay users that needs to be avoided if possible.

It consists of the actual ebay user recieving an "ask seller a question" email-stating that they have sent payment to your paypal account.......
    [from the SCAMMER.]....asking when they can expect the"item":rolleyes:
    It is of course,very slick and official looking.

The dead giveway is your activity at the time-you havent made a sale- etc etc..... and the email itself- it will not say the "buyers" username at the first as it should.

ANYWAY- NEVER CLICK ON A LINK IN AN EMAIL UNLESS YOU ARE SURE.

Go to "my ebay in your favorites and log in there and you will then know wether or not it is from ebay -cause it will be there in your messages.

AS I said above no need to beat this to death- just wanted to mention the latest I have seen from these SCAMMER BASTARDS.

2. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Had this happen to me a few weeks ago......I clicked on the item# to see what i supposedly bought and it took me to a My Ebay page that looked like a real one but yet something was a little "off", and it asked me for my password which my real My Ebay remembers my password unless i want to access my PayPal account...........Fuckin' scumbags out there

3. Mench

Mench

I get that e-mail all the time...also look out for the message..Unauthorized activity on both your e-bay account or your Paypal account,and messages from Paypal to update your account...there are ALL false messages to get your passwords...
    Just be careful

Mench

4. I too have seen these, but I also got one the other day from 'ebay' stating another member wanted to erase feedback on a particular item that I neither purchased or sold. Naturally email needed my password and user name. :mad:

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thank You for the Heads-Up!

6. ponchoman

ponchoman

If you get an e-mail like that, just forward to [email protected] . They will let you know, and check out the turds.

7. muffman58

muffman58

The e-mail I get said that someone elses name had been added to my pay-pal account and if I wanted to take them off to log on to my account and do something. The only thing is I never have had a pay-pal account! I did click on the link to see whats going on and the first thing they wanted was my user name and password! I just screwed it off because I knew I didn`t have pay-pal. Now I know its just a scam & thank`s for the info!

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

ALL the emails about my Paypal are fake! One reason I don't have a Paypal account.:D

9. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

good to know , thanksbump

10. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

That scam is at least 6 months old, I get them daily to an email account I dont use anymore for Ebay or PayPal.

11. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

The e-bay toolbar has an account guard feature that will notify you to the fake sites. I have it up and it works. Neal

12. rat29

rat29
    from California

I called paypal about that phishing scam and they told me the way you can tell one of their emails is they call you by name at the beginning. The fake ones use a generic introduction.

13. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

I recieved an email last week stating I bought something and here was the total. I knew I didn't and also seen the link had some extra characters.... so I knew it was fake and sent the email to paypal.

14. willysrod

willysrod
    from upstate NY

I also dropped , and cancelled my paypal, as I was recieving emails that a new paypal address has been added to my account, basters were redirecing payment, and paypal would not help. dropped them like a used cunundrom.....

15. willysrod

willysrod
    from upstate NY

I also dropped , and cancelled my paypal, as I was recieving emails that a new paypal address has been added to my account, bastards were redirecing payment, and paypal would not help. dropped them like a used cunundrom.....

16. Like Ponchoman said just forward to [email protected]

They send you an e-mail back telling you it's a scam and (hopefully) go after the scumbag.

17. pikesan99

pikesan99

Here's another to watch out for (sorry if its already been said before)

My buddy bid on a supercharger for his boat. He didn't win it, but got a "second chance offer". It was great price (*the first clue it was BS*) and then the guy starts emailing about sending money by Western Union. (*sirens going off*) The guy's English and grammer were SO bad too. Who has grammer like that but can afford a blower for a 502?

My buddies on to it pretty quick. He tries to arrange to meet the guy, but then suddenly the emails stop. Those guys get what's coming to them sometimes, right?
    Pike

18. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i got that paypal one,,,,looked legit,,,UNTIL i found THREE typos,,,,,,MORONS!!!!....they probably do get some people to fall for it though,,,,,unfortunately,, it probably originates from overseas somewhere, so the chances of catching the assholes are practically nil....

19. tomslik

tomslik

just wondering, what would happen if you just gave 'em a bullshit password?

20. noboD

noboD

What bothers me about these emails is I only check Ebay about every 2 weeks. As soon as I do I can expect a new email. Are they somehow connected?