Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help with ID'ing parts 1933 ford pick-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rsssbelair, Nov 9, 2015.

1. rsssbelair

rsssbelair
    from nebraska

The whole truck is a mix of parts that I'm trying to figured what I have.

I have a motor and trans for a 193* 's ford pick-up. The motor on the driver side right under the head has a pad with *A4864949*. Everything I have ID on the motor says it's an A. It's got the big oil drain tube on the passenger side, the exhaust manifold comes down at a 90. this pad # throws me cause the websites don't have A motor with this high of #. So can someone help me out with what I have here?

I have a title that matches the starter bell house #, does that bell house unbolt from the motor and the trans?

I also posted a pic of me trying to get the motor and trans to fit, I pretty sure it's not going to fit, I'm just trying to get it to the point I can get a cab on it and get an inspection to get the title changed and this will all come out and not get used. Is there a value to the motor and trans? And what do I need to keep for title reasons i was to sell this down the road.

Thanks,
    Kory

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

You have an A motor and a B or BB four speed trans and bell. B's in general had no block stamping and # was on the bell casting at the spot you cleaned up. Motor, bell, and trans will separate.
    Many A motors were built and numbered after US car production ended, and the number is an A number...all B/BB serials are 5,000,000 and up.
    From a quick look at the catalog, I think the part with serial (upper flywheel housing) is same for 4 speed BB and 3 speed B trans use, so you can use the B trans that will take later gears with your serial there. B pan carries the lower housing.
    The housing differs between '32 and '33-4, but in ways that won't cause major problems on a rod. I'm assuming you're planning to use a B engine...?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  3. rsssbelair

rsssbelair
    from nebraska

No, I would like to use a 241 red ram hemi I have. I just want to get paper into my name and then I done with whatever of the motor and tranny that I don't need to hold onto for the title work.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

OK, 'cause you'll need Buttera's help to hook the 241 to the B clutch housing, and he up and died on us...
    Hypothetically, just for entertainment purposes, you'd NEVER do such a thing, there are good stamp sets out there, and the wrong sort of person might make the B/BB serial appear on the right general area of the '33 frame...